There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

IRCAM lab announces The Snail

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Udo

IRCAM lab announces The Snail

Post by Udo »

Ircam Lab have announced the release of their revolutionary new software, The Snail. This modern looking Tuner/Analyser software offers a new and extremely accurate way of tuning and analyzing an instrument; displaying intonation and visualizing music and sounds in a way that can help anyone improve their listening and intonation.

The Snail is a very high-precision frequency-domain analyzer that delivers an easy to understand representation of sounds based on the scales and notes aligned in spectrally active zones. Resulting from numerous years of research and development, this product is based on a recent patented technology, conceived at the laboratory of Science and Technology of Music and Sound IRCAM-CNRS-UPMC based in Paris.

The Snail is currently available as a stand alone application for Mac and AAX, AU, VST Plug-in formats. Windows compatibility will be announced shortly.

The Snail is available at the introductory Price of $49 (List price $99) until Monday February 29th.

http://www.ircamlab.com/products/p2242-The-Snail/

Lawrence

Re: IRCAM lab announces The Snail

Post by Lawrence »

I hear the update will be faster.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Lawrence wrote:I hear the update will be faster.
Haaaa!

Daryl

Post by Daryl »

Mac only. Yawn...

Topic author
Udo

Post by Udo »

Daryl wrote:Mac only. Yawn...
As stated, Windows version is coming soon.

Daryl

Post by Daryl »

Udo wrote:
Daryl wrote:Mac only. Yawn...
As stated, Windows version is coming soon.
Coming soon means nothing until it arrives. Just ask the Altiverb 7 Windows users. ;)

Raymond_Kemp

Post by Raymond_Kemp »

not only will I continue to slum it with Windows I'm also now the proud owner of a new (after some years with iPhone) OnePlus mobile phone and it's great.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

while "real soon now" echoes down the halls I am going to be optimistic -this sounds very interesting!