There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Good Old Tom Petty

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Raymond_Kemp

Good Old Tom Petty

Post by Raymond_Kemp »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... y-20021114

Recently I went on ticketmasters web page looking for some tickets to a forthcoming gig at the Hydro Arena in Glasgow.
They had none! but but but! another ticket selling company did have (at inflated prices). Turns out of course, the supposed other company is wholly owned by ticketmasters. It's just robbery, and the artists will get none of the surcharge.
'tell you what! I'm not anti-capitalist but, how much profit is enough profit?

Aesthete

Re: Good Old Tom Petty

Post by Aesthete »

I took my godchildren to see Paul McCartney last year. That was there Xmas present for the next 5 years :D
But they loved it.

Petty has a long history of taking on the music industry, interesting he has not made this a issue.

Mystic

Post by Mystic »

Yep, Ticketmaster was outted a bunch of years ago for owning sites like StubHub which are like ebay for show tickets. They were caught selling their own tickets there. Eventually everyone just stopped caring that they did it cause there was nothing they could do about it.

Scalping their own tickets. Such crap.

Topic author
Raymond_Kemp

Post by Raymond_Kemp »

Well, as with all business empires, we make the mistake of blaming the company when in actual fact, individuals within such companies make and profit from them. Our civilised societies no longer have or use hanging trees but.............progress throughout history hasn't always been civilised and I doubt the future will be any different given time and circumstance.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Please don't hang anyone, Ray. They'll put you in gaol.

Meanwhile, please see my "Steinberg products "thread?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin