There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Spitfire Audio Gifts

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Aesthete

Spitfire Audio Gifts

Post by Aesthete »

Check you inboxes, if you have contributed to Spitfire Labs over the years there is a offer for a free Mini Labs Cimbalom & Harpsichord and a 30% voucher good until Feb 28th.

I actually like the mini Labs library concept. A good way to demo some things. My voucher will be going to good use as well.

Killiard

Re: Spitfire Audio Gifts

Post by Killiard »

Just did it now. Not sure what to use the 30% voucher towards. I'm trying to not spend a lot of money this year, and be sensible with the monies. Hmmm...

Topic author
Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

Olafur Tookit here Jordan. YMMV. James

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Most decent of them! And a terrific milestone for sure.

I'm pretty sure at NAMM there was a 30% off sale wasn't there? Certainly not to be sniffed at, but not quite the pricing revolution they suggest?

Topic author
Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

With the current USD-GBP exchange this does make it a bit more worthwhile to us outside of GB currently.
Guy Rowland wrote:Most decent of them! And a terrific milestone for sure.

I'm pretty sure at NAMM there was a 30% off sale wasn't there? Certainly not to be sniffed at, but not quite the pricing revolution they suggest?

Erik

Post by Erik »

yes indeed Aesthete !
30% when you still have to pay VAT,its not negligible at all. Considering buying Sable ensemble an/or eDNA. Don't know if I could make it, money wise in the time frame. Good news is they now are doing sales once in while so no need to rush and play our early bird dance anymore.
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Topic author
Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

I like and use eDNA. But they seem to stop developing it which is distressing (not to sound like Guy here :D

I use Cinematic strings of late for my sections, for the price now it's hard to beat.

Erik

Post by Erik »

Well they seem to stop developping quite a lot of things. Yes,they do have some hefty redux editions or heavy updates for free now and then but considering the amount of libs they've launched... May be they're following the same "cavalery"pattern every entreprise has to if it wants to grow and pay the bills, I'm afraid. Thanx for pointing toward Cinematic Strings. I must say I pretty much like the delicate sound of Sable - have Mural, EWQLSO,Albion One and Symphobia.
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Topic author
Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

I have and love Mural Sections as well. Lovely.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

the free instruments are very cool, but I'm in the same boat as others, there are lots of libraries I'd like to add, but I've got other priorities, but it is 30% off, but I have other priorities, but it is 30% off... ARRGHH

Killiard

Post by Killiard »

I was flirting with picking up the Felt Piano.
Does anyone else here have it? Worth having? I use the labs version of it and quite like it.

Topic author
Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

I have both, I would say the free version is fine for me. You might really like the new Olafur Arnalds Piano in his Composers Toolkit or the NI Una Corda.
Killiard wrote:I was flirting with picking up the Felt Piano.
Does anyone else here have it? Worth having? I use the labs version of it and quite like it.

Killiard

Post by Killiard »

Are you saying the proper Felt Piano isn't really worth it compared to the "soft piano".

I like the sound of the Olafur Arnalds piano/toolkit. I'm just trying to keep my purchases down at the moment and tbh if it wasn't for the discount code i probably wouldn't be getting anything at all!

I absolutely love the sound of the Una Corda. I just hate the idea of buying something that will me included in Komplete!

Topic author
Aesthete

Post by Aesthete »

Jordan, yes, IMHO I don't think the upgraded Felt offers enough of a upgrade for the money. I always fall back to the old $3 Labs Felt. But I am using the Una Corda now for 90% of piano.

Bill, I hear you on that. As Guy points out as well. With 30% off and the strong exchange these 199 gbp libraries still go for about $275 u.s. But I always try to keep in mind the quality I am getting and the fact that Spitfire gives the musicians that play on these a cut.

Chris Hurst

Post by Chris Hurst »

I'd agree with what has already been said about the Simcock piano. The Olafur Arnalds one on the other hand...really like that one!

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Saved by the policy again!

Cursed and thought about buying Sable at a 30% discount-an oh so inexpensive $1200. Went to re-check terms on discount offer. Found "discount not available on bundles." Immediately put thin wallet back in pocket. Done! Now I can go spend way less if there's anything that really sings to me.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

TheUnfinished

Post by TheUnfinished »

Aesthete wrote:I like and use eDNA. But they seem to stop developing it which is distressing.
Pendle was supposed to be doing a cartridge for it, not sure what happened to that.

TheUnfinished

Post by TheUnfinished »

Aesthete wrote:Jordan, yes, IMHO I don't think the upgraded Felt offers enough of a upgrade for the money. I always fall back to the old $3 Labs Felt. But I am using the Una Corda now for 90% of piano.
Agreed. I got the Simcock piano and prefer using the original Labs one.

Una Corda is crazy good, with a huge array of options for sculpting the sound. Have heard good things about the Olafur Arnalds one too - will pick that up soon.

Killiard

Post by Killiard »

Thanks for opinions on the Simcock piano. Maybe I should just save my pennies anyway :-)

ZeeCount

Post by ZeeCount »

After reading Christian's post I picked up the Sable ensembles, and wow those strings are delicious. Makes me wish I had enough money for the full sable set.
Soundcloud __________ Youtube