There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Keith Emerson passed away

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Jaap

Keith Emerson passed away

Post by Jaap »

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/keith-em ... top_flat_3

Another great loss... Emerson, Lake and Palmers Pictures at an Exhibition actually brought me to classical music in my childhood. My father had this record and I loved it (together with Tarkus). I stopped following them half way the 90's but always kept fond memories of them and he was a great musician. May he rest in peace.

RobS

Re: Keith Emerson passed away

Post by RobS »

aaahh... so sorry... 71 is too soon. I also loved Tarkus. Goodbye Keith

synergy543

Post by synergy543 »

Such a sad loss. He was on of the most creative and energetic performers. I was lucky to be able to see him as a teen.

Though, in some ways, Keith was right "The Show Will Never End". His music will live on.
Gregory D. Moore

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Karn Evil from Tarkus was my gold standard. Keith brought me to Copland and Mussgorsky. Damn. It's been a tough few months.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

woodsdenis

Post by woodsdenis »

Very sad and a tragic end.
Thanks, Denis

Cubase 10.5, Live 10, Mac Pro 10.14.6

retroreel

Post by retroreel »

Absolutely gutted. One of my heroes. Listened to 'Pirates' again this morning after hearing the sad news. This track epitomises everything you need to know about Keith Emerson.