There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Zynaptiq Pitch Map on sale for $89

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Zynaptiq Pitch Map on sale for $89

Post by Guy Rowland »

Routine mind-blowing stuff from Zynaptiq - not perhaps of primary use for us, but if nothing else could a) be an interesting Melodyne alternative, and b) be a great toy.

Full info -http://www.zynaptiq.com/pitchmap/

wst3

Re: Zynaptiq Pitch Map on sale for $89

Post by wst3 »

$89??? They are insane!!!!!

I use this far more frequently than I expected to, and while it remains - for me - primarily a sound design tool, it is also a pretty outstanding utility. At this price everyone should own it.

Hannes_F

Post by Hannes_F »

Ehm ... what would it be good for, as an example? I may ask, thanks.
Traveller in boundlessness, at home in the Now
http://www.strings-on-demand.com

wst3

Post by wst3 »

what would it be good for you ask?

Lots of things, but for the most part I use it in two or three applications:

First, it can fix minor pitch (and timing) errors. Actually, it can fix pretty big pitch errors, but I seldom run into them<G>!
Second, you can use it to re-harmonize (or change a melody), which is cooler than it sounds. Play a piece, then go in and try a minor 6 instead of a major 7. Not sure I'd use the results as a finished track, but it is a fun way to experiment.
Last, it is an amazing sound design tool - I can't believe all the cool sounds I can create!

It is similar to Celemony Melodyne, the biggest difference is how one makes changes. Melodyne presents a very nice graphical representation which I think is probably a tad easier to use. But Pitch Map lets you make changes in real time, which is pretty darned amazing when you think about it.

At full price it is a remarkable tool, at this price it is a steal!

Just my opinion of course...