There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

80% off Sonible frei:raum EQ

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
tack

80% off Sonible frei:raum EQ

Post by tack »

Clever looking EQ looks to be steeply discounted over at AudioPlugin Deals: https://audioplugin.deals/
SONIBLE proudly offers frei:raum, the groundbreaking smart EQ plugin for just $59 (80% off!). frei:raum is the perfect tool when it comes to complex or time critical mixing tasks. The highly specialized signal processing of frei:raum allows mixing engineers to easily improve the spectral balance of a whole mix or match the spaciousness of individual tracks in projects of any size. This offer is only available until November 15th, don’t miss out!
  • smart:engineTM recognizes disturbing resonances or notches and automatically calculates individual filters to optimize single tracks or the mix as a whole.
  • The proximity:EQ tool solves problems created by bad microphone settings or unfavorable recording spaces.
  • The entropy:EQ separates harmonic and inharmonic components of your recording at any frequency range. This greatly simplifies the postprocessing of impact noise created by drums, guitars and other plucked instruments.
- Jason

kpc

Re: 80% off Sonible frei:raum EQ

Post by kpc »

Looks interesting but I need another eq like I need a... I’m jot sure, but I don’t need it. :P
- kayle

SillyMidOn

Post by SillyMidOn »

I checked out a few reviews and they all mentioned that though it can work well it can also add artefacts. Hm.

Arcana

Post by Arcana »

kpc wrote:Looks interesting but I need another eq like I need a... I’m jot sure, but I don’t need it. :P
You say that cause you haven't seen what it can do. ;)
Calling it an 'EQ' is really not doing it justice. It's more like a spectral/tonal enhancer/problem solver.
I'm not sure I'll use the Entropy and Proximity EQ's much but the Smart EQ is just brilliant.

Here's a little demonstration, but as always, it's best to check out the demo.

Quasar

Post by Quasar »

This is the first plug that has excited me in just about forever... Got it right away after watching the smart eq thingy in action, and really like the the proximity tool too... Amazing piece of software IMHO.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

This is pretty interesting actually. Seems to me that it will be of most benefit when dealing with real sounds as opposed to synths and (well recorded) samples.