There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Goodbye, Walter. And thank you for all the music

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

byzantium

Re: Goodbye, Walter. And thank you for all the music

Post by byzantium »

Seeing as @tack had a late Black Friday post, thought I'd do one as well.

(I can't believe I didn't think of posting this at the time. It stems from much earlier events but some of the lyrics still seem to fit quite nicely with our modern-day version)

When Black Friday comes
I'm gonna dig myself a hole
Gonna lay down in it 'til
I satisfy my soul

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I agree that a Fagen vocal would have improved Brooklyn, but Palmer did a creditable job, and I have s tremendous nostalgic feeling for the song. I've lived in Brooklyn, my mother's family is from there, and it, along with the song, holds a special place in my heart.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Bebop LaCour

Post by Bebop LaCour »

I totally get that Larry. Amazing song, regardless. I must be one of the very few Dan fans who encountered - and listened a lot to - the old demo version before hearing the album version. Probably on account of me being a youngster who came upon the band in the age of Napster. (As penitence for my sins against high fidelity, I've since acquired most of the albums on vinyl)
- Rasmus