There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Aparillo from Sugar Bytes

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Jaap

Aparillo from Sugar Bytes

Post by Jaap »

Sugar Bytes released recently a new synth called Aparillo and I am having a blast with this thing in the last 2 weeks. Very great for sound design-ish and experimental stuff and worth to be mentioned and checked out in my opinion.

https://sugar-bytes.de/aparillo

Overview video:

[quote]

Key Features

FM Synthesizer with 16 Voices
Formant Shifting, Wave Folding & Shifting
Multi-Mode Filter with Spacializer
2 interdependent LFOs with S+H and Gravitation
Orbiter for one-touch Sound Morphing
500 handpicked Presets
Wide Modulation Options from 10 sources
Melody Generator

Synth
Two FM Operators give birth to waveforms so complex it's like they have a life of their own.

Different FM Complexity/ and Ratio Modes, Waveshaping, Folding, Formant Shifting, Complex LFOs and the Orbiter deliver sonic spectacles that are sure to blow you out of your seat.

A modulatable Scale editor creates unbelievable unison spreads with the deepest of harmonic structures, stacking up to a 16 voice orchestra from another planet.

Orbiter
Total control for an almost unlimited range of sounds.

The Orbiter pulls strings throughout the engine putting all the power at your fingertips, with an XY pad to control a massive, record-ready engine.

By mouse animation or position per note (128 different sound sounds from your keyboard!), you will discover exquisite sounds and create unbelievable sonic motions.

FX
The effect section is a sound source in its own right. The Spacializer, a delay-based pitch resonator, can generate an additional synth layer per wave-guide synthesis.

Besides the typical specialties like Comb and Vowel, the Multi-Mode filter dishes up the super-evil Dirt HP/BP/LPs, that bubble over with spectral grit.

The Poly-Autopan, synced Delay, and our best Reverb yet, will add space and air to your precious audio produce.

Modulation
The sole focus of the modulation lies on the diversity of the 16 independent synth voices. As freely definable layers of sound, they will unfold a vast sonic biotope.

The Envelopes show off user definable slopes, looping modes, and polyphonic parameter modulation. The dual Complex LFO brings along some specialties like FM, Gravitation, Oneshot, S+H/Quantize, and the beautifully chaotic Collision Mode.

The ARP is interwoven with the engine to pick, pluck and extract rhythmic and melodic structures.

ok_tan

Re: Aparillo from Sugar Bytes

Post by ok_tan »

good stuff, thanks for pointing it out. - how on earth does one save presets in the standalone version?
thx! theo

Topic author
Jaap

Post by Jaap »

When you click on a preset name you see on top of that list (above the 3 dots) a save preset option. Works fine here in both standalone and vst

ok_tan

Post by ok_tan »

sometimes i feel a bit stupid...:)

thanks jaap
thx! theo

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

This seems like one of those synths that I could lose hours in. Was wonderful when I was 22, but now becomes more of a disadvantage. ;) Some very cool sounds and gui ideas Jaap, thanks!

Topic author
Jaap

Post by Jaap »

Haha yes I know that feeling and indeed easy to get lost in this synth, however I also found some good use already for this one as it has some nice dark sound design options, but you can go all ways with this thing :)