There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Dspatial reverb II

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Christer C

Dspatial reverb II

Post by Christer C »

Hi
I just got a mail about this one http://dspatial.com/reverb-ll/.
Looks interesting. Has anyone of You heard it or tried it?
Regards
Christer

Guy Rowland

Re: Dspatial reverb II

Post by Guy Rowland »

Hello Christer and welcome to TSB. And you're right, it does look interesting. I'd like to hear more...

Dry:

With DSpatial

And a post application

EDIT - dammit, Mac and PT only.

Topic author
Christer C

Post by Christer C »

Mac only but AU too.
And Thanks for the welcome!

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Very interesting indeed. Pity there doesn't seem to be a demo version available, because I'd love know how (and how well) DSpatial Reverb II works in combination with a DAW, say Logic, — the software appears to be a combination of a stand-alone application plus AU- or AAX-plugins (unless the plugins are plugin-versions of the stand-alone software) — and, obviously, what quality it has, compared to Ircam SPAT. (The video certainly sounds promising.)

_

Linos

Post by Linos »

It looks interesting. The videos sound promising. Too bad it is Mac only. If anybody wants to buy, you can get it at a discount currently: use the coupon code 'rev40' and you'll get a 40% discount. Makes 119.40€. If there were a Windows version I'd probably have bought it.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Anders Wall wrote: May 03, 2018 5:05 pm @Guy.
Are you sure the videos you provided are with the ReverbII plugin and not with the companys larger/more expensive plugins.
The last on, the film, doesn't really look like the stereo only ReverbII

Best,
Anders
Well, all three videos are linked from the home page for Reverb II linked in the OP under their "listen" buttons - http://dspatial.com/reverb-ll/ . A note at the bottom says "DSpatial Reverb is a standard AAX plugin and can be easily integrated in your Pro Tools and S6.
Two kind of inserts are provided: standard Pro Tools inserts for up to 7.1.2 channels, and a special multi-mono mode for up to 48 output channels". But elsewhere it does say about mono or stereo outputs, so I agree it seems confusing.

Has to be said I lack the will to delve much deeper, the moment I realised it was Mac only I sort of wandered off. But maybe someone else can provide more clarity?

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Interesting-no VST version so Cubase Mac users can’t run it either.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Linos

Post by Linos »

Sent an email to ask about vst and Windows-versions. They answered that they don't intend to bring it to Windows. A vst-version could happen at some point, but they have no plans to do it in the foreseeable future. That settles the matter for me. It looks like they are focused on post pro if they focus on Mac users exclusively.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Shame, good info to have though Linos. I guess they must have the stats, but I've worked in a few dubbing theatres that run on Windows. Mac is more common for sure, but it's not ubiquitous.

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Curious on your findings when you do get the time, Anders. Thanks for posting the info!
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Anders Wall wrote: May 04, 2018 9:45 am Sooooo
1. For those on osx that want to try a demo it's just a matter of asking them (I did)
-->stefany@dspatial.com
2. The have a upgrade path to the bigger sibling Reverb, without the II's, it's €449 if you own the ReverbII (duh!?!)
-->Else reverb is €595
3. They DO have "blackfriday" sales, right now it's 10% off on the Reverb due to "certain events such as launches or trade shows etc."
-->http://www.ifema.es/broadcast_01/

I got the ReverbII so thank you @Christer C for the heads up.
Too busy to install and evaluate now but since there's a upgrade path I figure I'll get it now and worry later :)

Regards,
Anders
But again, not Cubase Mac, which requires VST instead of AU.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Ha!

L.J. Nachsin

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

No!!!

Looks like a spat alternative, was hoping for legitimate competition to drive the price down XD