There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

IK Uno tiny Analog Synth

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

IK Uno tiny Analog Synth

Post by Guy Rowland »

So now we finally have a choice - 1x Prophet X or 20x IK Unos.

All-analog audio path with 2 VCOs, noise generator, resonant multimode VCF and VCA
2 independent VCOs with Saw, Triangle, Pulse waveforms with continuously variable shape including PWM of the square wave plus a separate white noise generator
A 2-pole OTA-based analog resonant sweepable multimode filter with LPF, HPF and BPF
Custom-designed, dual-stage overdrive that provides filter input overdrive for classic synth saturation tone, from subtle warming to aggressive distortion
LFO with Sine, Triangle, Square, Up Saw, Down Saw, Random and Sample-and-Hold to modulate Pitch, Filter, Amp and continuous oscillator wave shapes including PWM

243 Euros inc VAT.

Lawrence

Re: IK Uno tiny Analog Synth

Post by Lawrence »

I'll be spending 4k on an analogue synth the minute I win the lottery. Okay, not even then. Been there, done that. I was finished with real synths the minute I sold my Oberheim "system".

OTOH, I think Dave Smith will probably bring a little more to the party than IK.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Membrane buttons? MEMBRANE BUTTONS? In 2018? :angry:
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

Erik

Post by Erik »

I’m with you Luciano. Exactly my thought the mn I saw it.
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

My take - drop the price in half and its a robust always-lives-in-the-bag thing.

kpc

Post by kpc »

Luciano Storti wrote: May 03, 2018 9:33 am Membrane buttons? MEMBRANE BUTTONS? In 2018? :angry:
Perhaps they had a bunch of these laying around

- kayle

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

:D
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

PhJ

Post by PhJ »

From what I read on KvR, it's "touch capacitive" (whatever that is), not membrane.

The Saxer

Post by The Saxer »

Luciano Storti wrote: May 03, 2018 9:33 am Membrane buttons? MEMBRANE BUTTONS? In 2018? :angry:
In a video they explained that this are no membrane buttons. Some inductive thing... they said they wouldn't trust in membrane buttons.

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Well there you go then. Should have bothered to look at the actual video for more than 30 seconds. Either way, it might be time to trim those unsightly extending claws I call my fingernails, or else whatever kind of flat button that thing may be, my finger will never actually make contact!
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke