There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Straight Ahead / 60% off of everything (Memorial Day sale)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Straight Ahead / 60% off of everything (Memorial Day sale)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"In celebration of Memorial Day, Straight Ahead Samples is having a looong weekend sale. The lowest prices we’ve ever had, so if you’ve waiting for the right time to check out our libraries, now’s your chance. We may never have a sale like this again."

_

Lawrence

Re: Straight Ahead / 60% off of everything (Memorial Day sale)

Post by Lawrence »

Piet, you liked the brushes and mallets offering, yes? They finally got their act together on the perplexing drum issues, so I'm willing to consider it.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Lawrence wrote: May 24, 2018 10:55 am Piet, you liked the brushes and mallets offering, yes?
Very much so. I think it is still their crowning achievement, despite the size and ambitions of what they followed it up with.
That being said though, if I were Mayor of Straight Ahead City, I'd focus all my resources and energies on a thorough update/expansion of that library, because, rather limited as it is, it is not a gift that keeps giving.

_

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Generally, that doesn't seem to be in SA's playbook. They give us some very good products that are buggy, (eventually) fix the bugs, and leave the product as is.

The brass is an exception. I don't know that it's fixable, but they've partnered with another company now.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

ComposerGuy

Post by ComposerGuy »

Oh boy. Thanks for posting this. Brushes and Mallets is one I’ve always had my eye on.
-Disclaimer: I have received free libraries from East West and several others. Don’t shoot me.

1gc

Post by 1gc »

Could I drag and drop the kit samples (not the loops) from the Staight Ahead Jazz Drums into a Kontakt new instrument mapping editor so as to incorporate their artics as parts of other "customized" kontakt nki kits of my own?
Piet, enjoyed your demo a lot on the S.A. kit page.
g.c.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

1gc wrote: Jun 14, 2018 11:41 pm Could I drag and drop the kit samples (not the loops) from the Staight Ahead Jazz Drums into a Kontakt new instrument mapping editor so as to incorporate their artics as parts of other "customized" kontakt nki kits of my own?
Piet, enjoyed your demo a lot on the S.A. kit page.
g.c.
Thanks, g.c. And yes, you can copy the kit samples out of the factory patches and then drop them into a Kontakt-instrument of your own.

_