There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Empty Fields - F.2 for Omnisphere 2 - Updated for Omnisphere 2.5

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Jaap

Empty Fields - F.2 for Omnisphere 2 - Updated for Omnisphere 2.5

Post by Jaap »

A big new update for Empty Fields F.2 has now been released. Customers have received an email with the new version that is updated to be used with Omnisphere 2.5

Changes made are:

- Majority of patches now use 3 or 4 layers. Some presets have not been changed to preserve the orginal idea or to avoid cpu problems
- Everything now in one big Empty Fields F2 V25 folder. Future pack releases will be integrated in this folder.
- New naming - the P1, P2 etc stands for the pack that contains the preset.
- New categories according to the spectrasonics setup
- A vast amount of presets have been given the use of aftertouch. The original 2 layers have not been changed to preserve the orginal patch if desired. Aftertouch has been added to the new layers in some occassions. You can simply disable the 3rd of 4th layer to go back to the original patch.

Installation is done in a new folder, so you can keep your original folders if you wish or uninstall them. Also all the multis have been updated.
The total content is with 5 packs released so far 270 presets, 50 multis and 164 soundsources.

I have also made a new walkthrough video to showcase this new version.

If you decide to purchase this you will find in the downloads also the original packs that are compatible with Omnisphere 2.4 and these will continue to be supported. In the supplied Readme you can find further instruction on which version to choose and how to install it.

Topic author
Jaap

Re: Empty Fields - F.2 for Omnisphere 2 - Updated for Omnisphere 2.5

Post by Jaap »

I wrote a new official demo for the soundset. An eight minute long ambient and peaceful track, featuring only sounds from the new updated version for Omnisphere 2.5 and using sounds from all the 5 released packs. No external effects and sounds are used. Just out of the box sounds.
For VI Control members I made a coupon for a 20% discount that runs till the end of the 9th of September, but as most of you are there also this of course applies for everyone here as well!. Coupon is EmptyFieldsVIControl

Topic author
Jaap

Post by Jaap »

I have updated the freebie with 9 presets for the updated version for Omnisphere 2.5, so these presets can been given a test ride as well :grin:
Here the link to the new updated freebie: https://www.triplespiralaudio.com/produ ... isphere-2/
I provided an extra .omnisphere installer file for the new files and if you have already installed the earlier one, you can simply install the new one.

I have delayed the release of the next pack for Empty Fields - F.2 till the last week of October and this will be a double release of pack 6 and 7. I have the oppertunity to record some nice instrumentalists in the next week and this will be perfect for the presets that I have started creating for pack 6 and also for pack 7 after that so I am going to combine those 2.
This will be the same for the Empty Fields - F.3 for Falcon

Topic author
Jaap

Post by Jaap »

Some demos are up for pack 6 and 7. I will sent out the release to customers on the 1st of November and then these packs will also be added to the main product.
Each of the two sets include 50 presets and 10 multis and are available as the original 2 layer setup and compatible with Omni 2.4 and as well in 3 or 4 layer presets for Omni 2.5 and will be integrated in the V25 release from early September.

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Very evocative and beautiful, Jaap. I really like them. If I owned Omnisphere I would definitely be buying these. I can imagine they would be a good oairing with the SF Evos for long, evolving textures with sparse melody notes on top.
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

Topic author
Jaap

Post by Jaap »

Luciano Storti wrote: Oct 27, 2018 3:23 pm Very evocative and beautiful, Jaap. I really like them. If I owned Omnisphere I would definitely be buying these. I can imagine they would be a good oairing with the SF Evos for long, evolving textures with sparse melody notes on top.
Thank you Luciano! and yes they layer well with that kind of libraries, I have quite some users who reported back that it works nicely in these kind of contexts :)

Topic author
Jaap

Post by Jaap »

I am really happy how the new releases turned out. I really love this way of working with monthly releases and actually very very suprised how much support it found. But for the ones interested, pack 6 and 7 are now released :)

Each pack contains 50 presets and 10 multis and for these both packs new soundsources have been made from recordings of a Fiddle, a Lyra and a Viola da Gamba. All the recordings went through a lot of effects to create some nice evolving textures as soundsources.

The inspiration has been found from a beautiful indian summer and the transition to the autumn. There are some colourful pads, mysterious textures, eerie soundscapes, fun and light synth patches and even a few Halloween patches.

Here the walkthrough vids: