There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Pettinhouse Bundle Deal

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
playz123

Pettinhouse Bundle Deal

Post by playz123 »

Wow, what an amazing offer for some excellent guitars! From Pettinhouse:

"Today, Pettinhouse celebrates its 10th anniversary and it does it with a super offer.

The Complete Bundle ( All Pettinhouse products, 10 sample libraries ) for $99 !

Probably you already bought everything from me, in this case please help me to spread this news. I would be very glad if you could write about it on forums, blogs or to your friends.

CLICK the picture to get to the offer.

What you will get?
DirectGuitar 3.0 - 7Gb Stratocaster Guitar
AcousticGuitar 2.0 - 5Gb Acoustic Guitar with automatic
HumbuckerGuitar 2.0 - 3.6Gb Rock guitar with Strummer
FunkyGuitar 2.0 - 1.5Gb Funky Guitar with Automatic Strummer
Powerchords - Guitar Powerchords with automatic strummer
ClassicGuitar - Nylon String Guitar for Kontakt
WarmJazz - 2Gb Jazz guitar for kontakt
DirectBass 2.0 - TRB 5 Strings Bass for Kontakt
UkuleleGuitar - Finger Style Ukulele for Kontakt
LittleGuitar - Guitarlele 6 Nylon Strings for Kontakt
Vinyl Drum Kits - 70s Drum Kits BONUS!!!

The offer will end Sunday, 12 2016

Thank you very much and I wish you a great day!

Andrea"

EDIT- Link to promotion - http://www.pettinhouse.com/html/bundle2016.html
(Frank, forgive me adding this to the post but figured it was useful to have a direct link in the OP - cheers, Guy)
Frank E. Lancaster

Guy Rowland

Re: Pettinhouse Bundle Deal

Post by Guy Rowland »

I have a couple of Pettinhouse libs - Acoustic Guitar and some freebies, and they're very good. Probably irresistible, isn't it?

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Love 'em, used them like crazy on my special material for the BluRay of "Love And Mercy."
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Topic author
playz123

Post by playz123 »

Guy Rowland wrote:Probably irresistible, isn't it?
Yes!
I already have a few of these libraries and think they are excellent, so can't resist buying all of them. IMHO this is really an amazing deal.
Frank E. Lancaster

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Love the acoustic. Don't need the bundle, will buy it anyway. If Andrea needs to raise cash, he can have some of mine. Great stuff.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I feel the same way, Larry - could be handy to have some of this on the laptop when I'm not by my real guitars.

I got banned from Northern Sounds for daring to mention the Pettinhouse name, and I consider it a badge of honour. Andrea is a great guy and it's a great company.

(Frank - hope you don't mind but I added a direct link to the promotion at the end of your OP - cheers)

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

...just a quick addendum, there's useful notes in the Kontakt GUI under the notes tab of many of these instruments, but the Pettinhouse YT channel has lots of good quick tutorials too - https://www.youtube.com/user/pettinhouse/videos . Some are dead easy to figure out, others require a bit of getting used to.

Topic author
playz123

Post by playz123 »

Guy Rowland wrote: I got banned from Northern Sounds for daring to mention the Pettinhouse name, and I consider it a badge of honour. Andrea is a great guy and it's a great company.

(Frank - hope you don't mind but I added a direct link to the promotion at the end of your OP - cheers)
I don't mind at all, Guy, and, in fact, thanks for adding that. I should have noticed that a link was missing from Andrea's e-mail and didn't. Always useful to include a link to a product's web site.
I sense there is an interesting story as to why you or anyone would be banned for mentioning Pettinhouse on the NS forum. Can't think of any reasons myself unless some other developer objected and made a fuss. Cheers.
Frank E. Lancaster

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

playz123 wrote: I sense there is an interesting story as to why you or anyone would be banned for mentioning Pettinhouse on the NS forum. Can't think of any reasons myself unless some other developer objected and made a fuss. Cheers.
NS had an insane policy of people not being allowed to mention a developer who didn't pay for advertising on their forum, then added a cute technical twist in that they automatically redacted any known developer's name if they weren't paying them the cold hard cash. You know, much like a swear-censor. So the word "Pettinhouse" just got auto-removed in a post. Being a fearless warrior for truth, freedom and justice, I cleverly wrote it as "P e t t i n h o u s e", to get round their North Korea-style censorship, and promptly got banned.

Unsurprisingly, the forum didn't last very long after that with those policies.

(Northern Sounds is the reason why some of us get twitchy about developer interference... we've seen where it can end up...)

Topic author
playz123

Post by playz123 »

Argh! I've run into a problem trying to purchase this bundle, and once again it involves my nemesis....PayPal. Here's some info for anyone else who doesn't have or want a PP account and wants to purchase via credit card. I sent this off to Andrea.

"When I click on the payment option that is NOT PayPal, I am still directed to the PayPal site and presented with the option of creating a PayPal account or using an existing one. I cannot pay as a “guest” by just using my credit card. That option is not available to Canadians (image attached). I have run into this problem previously on occasion. Please note that I, and I’m sure others, do not wish to ever have a PP account again or be associated with that company. Therefore, can you provide me with a payment option that will allow me to purchase using only my credit card and not via PayPal? I have purchased from you previously without going through a PayPal account"
Attachments
PayPal screen shot.png
Frank E. Lancaster

PhJ

Post by PhJ »

Bought them, such a generous deal.
Now I'll need some time to get used to how it all works...

@Frank: why the aversion to Paypal ? (I mean, I can find many reasons, but then it's also true for amazon, google, facebook, and so many others)

Topic author
playz123

Post by playz123 »

PhJ wrote:Bought them, such a generous deal.
Now I'll need some time to get used to how it all works...

@Frank: why the aversion to Paypal ? (I mean, I can find many reasons, but then it's also true for amazon, google, facebook, and so many others)
Had an account for a long time, no problems at all, then they demanded access to my bank account info as well as the credit card that was never compromised. My lawyer and bank said it was insane to give them that information, especially since they are located in a foreign country. But they wouldn't budge so I bailed. They refused to delete my personal info and were very snotty re. Polite requests. Amazon.ca, Facebook etc. don't require information re. my bank account etc. in touch with others who feel the same way. HTH. :)

Found a solution though, so all is well. Downloading now.
Frank E. Lancaster

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Email from Andrea:

Hello everybody,

Today is the last day of the Birthday Complete Bundle at $99: http://www.pettinhouse.com
...and also my birthday!!! :) 42yo...

Let me say something:

T H A N K Y O U V E R Y M U C H ! ! !

Thank you for supporting me and my work.
Back in 2006 I never expected to get this far and I hope to go ahead for the rest of my life.

Wish you a great day, a great beginning of the next week and a lovely life!

Greetings from Italy

Andrea

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Best to you, you deserve it: a good man, and a talented developer.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Topic author
playz123

Post by playz123 »

Happy Birthday, Andrea, and all the best in the years ahead. Keep doing what you do so well.
Frank E. Lancaster