There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Art Vista / Supergrand

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Art Vista / Supergrand

Post by Piet De Ridder »

"Art Vista has released the Supergrand, a hybrid piano sample plugin, combining two bestselling pianos - our Malmsjö sample, and our Steinway sample, into a new instrument with a widened range of usability as well as a unique piano sound. The rich singing tone of the Malmsjö GVI sample is combined with the ubiquitous sound of the Steinway "B" sample from Art Vista Virtual Grand Piano 3 to various degrees - from a Malmsjö sound with a Steinway edge, to a Steinway sound with a touch of Malmsjö, never producing exactly a Malmsjö nor a Steinway sound. The combination of the two pianos with such diametrically different sounds allows for piano sounds ranging from intimate to flamboyant."

https://soundcloud.com/art-vista-produc ... rand-demos

_

Guy Rowland

Re: Art Vista / Supergrand

Post by Guy Rowland »

Sounds nice. But what I really want is for you, Piet, to tell us what you think about the graphic design....

kpc

Post by kpc »

Guy Rowland wrote:Sounds nice. But what I really want is for you, Piet, to tell us what you think about the graphic design....
+1 :D

I try and not judge a VI by GUI look alone, but sheesh! What are they thinking with that one? It doesn't make me want to investigate it further.
- kayle

The Saxer

Post by The Saxer »

Looks like the suit Supermans grandpa (Supergrand) was wearing in the late seventies.

PhJ

Post by PhJ »

I wonder how it is done, and if it is doable at all... that first Bach / Marcello demo sounds badly out of tune.
And as far as I know (I don't have either) the Art-Vista offerings sound very good on their own.
Maybe it can work in some context.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

The VG-2 is my go to- this strikes me as a strange idea.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

blakus

Post by blakus »

I like this a lot more than I thought I would.
blakus.com / soundcloud / youtube / facebook
Kontakt 5, Cubase Pro 8 (64bit), Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 3770k @3.9GHz, 32GB RAM