There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Kontakt 5.6 Released

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
playz123

Kontakt 5.6 Released

Post by playz123 »

It's finally released. Really liking the new Kontakt 5.6 interface...much cleaner and very 'slick'. Text is so much easier to read and everything just looks better. So far not even one glitch...I've used it in existing projects, done batch resaves, added libraries etc., and all is well...so far. In the days ahead, I'll certainly report anything negative I find, but so far, so good! I did turn off "Data Tracking" though.

And Native Access has also performed without a hitch over the last several days as well as I reloaded (fresh o/s install of El Capitan) nearly 50 NI libraries and effects.
Frank E. Lancaster

mickeyl

Re: Kontakt 5.6 Released

Post by mickeyl »

Sounds good. Hoping they can overcome their software crisis.
Cheers,

Dr. Michael Lauer – My Music

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

But it is just too small text for those of us with older eyes.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

Ashermusic wrote:But it is just too small text for those of us with older eyes.
5.6 is or the old one?

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Scoredog wrote:
5.6 is or the old one?

Both. Many of us beta testers have been asking them to make it bigger for us. This is just too small, although when it shows up here, it is far bigger than on my monitor for some reason.
Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 10.41.49 AM.png
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

Thanks Jay

J Rod

Post by J Rod »

as I said in a previous post in another thread, Why the letter so small when there is enough space around?.

I have trouble reading text in Jay capture, and is bigger. And the fact that the worst colors scheme to read something, is a soft white over a soft dark background.

Definitely kontakt GUI needs to be updated to modern times, which I doubt it happens in version 6.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I've been blinded by the GUI myself.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

riffwraith

Post by riffwraith »

Ugh... mouse scrolling no longer functions properly for me. May have to revert back to 552 :/

Topic author
playz123

Post by playz123 »

Jay, my eyes are old and tired too, but I find the text in 5.6 far easier to read (Mac Pro 2014). I used to have to zoom in to make the text legible before and now that isn't required. So, IMHO, there's a big improvement there....at least for me.
Frank E. Lancaster

Topic author
playz123

Post by playz123 »

riffwraith wrote:Ugh... mouse scrolling no longer functions properly for me. May have to revert back to 552 :/
Works fine here, Jeff, in both the File browser and the Library pane. Where exactly are you seeing a problem? I'll check it out for you. Note I'm on a Mac, so can't test it on a PC.
Frank E. Lancaster

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

What are the real-world advantages, folks? is it any easier to organise library tabs, for example?

jtnyc

Post by jtnyc »

I totally rely on the "larger" font choice in Kontakt. Without it I cannot read a thing. I use quickload extensively for organization. I just switched it back to normal font just to remind myself before upgrading and there's no way I can deal with the smaller font, especially in quickload. Why would they take such an important option away? What a bummer NI

Yasin Yavuz

Post by Yasin Yavuz »

Working fine here (Windows 10). I think I'll miss coloured keyboard, though.

jtnyc

Post by jtnyc »

Can someone please check quickload in 5.6 and see if the font is this small. Second pic is set to the large option.
Thanks -
Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 5.54.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 5.54.38 PM.png

jtnyc

Post by jtnyc »

Yasin Yavuz wrote:Working fine here (Windows 10). I think I'll miss coloured keyboard, though.
Are keyswitch colors no longer displayed?

riffwraith

Post by riffwraith »

playz123 wrote:
riffwraith wrote:Ugh... mouse scrolling no longer functions properly for me. May have to revert back to 552 :/
Works fine here, Jeff, in both the File browser and the Library pane. Where exactly are you seeing a problem? I'll check it out for you. Note I'm on a Mac, so can't test it on a PC.
Thanks.

Works fine in standalone mode, but does not inside of Cubase and not inside of VEPro. 552 works just fine, howeverm so something must have happened - at least on the PC side.

riffwraith

Post by riffwraith »

jtnyc wrote:
Yasin Yavuz wrote:Working fine here (Windows 10). I think I'll miss coloured keyboard, though.
Are keyswitch colors no longer displayed?
No, they are not. They are over the keys, for lack of a better explanation. Same holds true for the active keys - the ones that are tied to zones. I find this annoying.

Yasin Yavuz

Post by Yasin Yavuz »

jtnyc wrote:Are keyswitch colors no longer displayed?
They replaced them with tiny lights above keys.
Attachments
01.jpg

Topic author
playz123

Post by playz123 »

Yasin Yavuz wrote:
jtnyc wrote:Are keyswitch colors no longer displayed?
They replaced them with tiny lights above keys.
That was done of course to tie in with their NKS related keyboards...probably as an encouragement to buy one. :) For those of us who have the keyboard, we have the lights onboard to guide us and so the display in Kontakt is fine. However, for others, it seems rather unfair to make the display so small.
Frank E. Lancaster

Topic author
playz123

Post by playz123 »

jtnyc wrote:Can someone please check quickload in 5.6 and see if the font is this small. Second pic is set to the large option.
Thanks -

Yes, the font in Quick Load is, by default, very small unfortunately
Frank E. Lancaster

Topic author
playz123

Post by playz123 »

riffwraith wrote:
playz123 wrote:
Thanks.

Works fine in standalone mode, but does not inside of Cubase and not inside of VEPro. 552 works just fine, howeverm so something must have happened - at least on the PC side.
Good here in standalone and inside Cubase 8.5.2 Haven't tested it inside VE Pro yet though.
Frank E. Lancaster

Yasin Yavuz

Post by Yasin Yavuz »

playz123 wrote:
Yasin Yavuz wrote:That was done of course to tie in with their NKS related keyboards...probably as an encouragement to buy one. :) For those of us who have the keyboard, we have the lights onboard to guide us and so the display in Kontakt is fine. However, for others, it seems rather unfair to make the display so small.
I know its purpose. But yes, it looks small and ugly for virtual keyboard.

jtnyc

Post by jtnyc »

playz123 wrote:
jtnyc wrote:Can someone please check quickload in 5.6 and see if the font is this small. Second pic is set to the large option.
Thanks -

Yes, the font in Quick Load is, by default, very small unfortunately
That is very unfortunate. I hope they reconsider bringing back the large option. For now, I will not update.

jtnyc

Post by jtnyc »

I just put in a feature request. Maybe if enough of us push, they will add the large font option back -