There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Orchestral Tools / Time Macro

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

X-bassist

Re: Orchestral Tools / Time Macro

Post by X-bassist »

Lawrence wrote: Oct 01, 2018 5:12 pm
Guy Rowland wrote: Oct 01, 2018 3:40 pm
Lawrence wrote: Oct 01, 2018 3:18 pm The Guy Review's gonna have to be fast! Intro ends Oct 4th....
I think that intro ends as the library is released, so don't think anyone's reviews can help there. Their walkthroughs - heavily scripted though they were - did a pretty good job at convincing me.
Agreed. If I hadn’t gotten impulsively bought BDT I might have jumped on this.

Edit-just checked-nope, I was right. October 4th according to their site.
October 4th IS when the library is released. They sometimes send out download emails the night before, but no one will have another video in time.

Be aware OT mentioned the price will go up to 249 intro when it's released then it goes to 349. I'm waiting until the last minute but will pick it up too. I don't expect to see it at this price again (at least for a few years).

"TIME macro is now available for an attractive pre-order price of just 199€ + VAT.
The normal price will be 349€ + VAT.

Special ends with product release on October 04."

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I see. I thought Guy had received it already.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Tobias Escher

Post by Tobias Escher »

Hi!

Just confirming that no one has yet received their license and no one will until the official release.
We don't do that where we sneakily prefer customer X over customer Y just because we assume they'll make a video about it...

The links will most likely go out in the late afternoon on October 04, German time.

cheers

Tobias

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Tobias Escher wrote: Oct 02, 2018 6:50 am Hi!

Just confirming that no one has yet received their license and no one will until the official release.
We don't do that where we sneakily prefer customer X over customer Y just because we assume they'll make a video about it...

The links will most likely go out in the late afternoon on October 04, German time.

cheers

Tobias
For the sake of clarity, in NO way was I suggesting anything “sneaky”.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Tobias Escher

Post by Tobias Escher »

Yeah, I know!
I just wanted to make it clear because we've been barraged a bit by "I heard XY got a NFR, send me one, too" emails. Wrong, nothing at all has been sent.
We almost never send out any NFRs to people before release, in fact it is usually after (because if there are issues, paying customers deserve to be helped first).

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Looking forward to the official release....and thanks as always for your input here, Tobias!
Frank E. Lancaster

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

Tobias Escher wrote: Oct 02, 2018 9:38 am Yeah, I know!
I just wanted to make it clear because we've been barraged a bit by "I heard XY got a NFR, send me one, too" emails. Wrong, nothing at all has been sent.
We almost never send out any NFRs to people before release, in fact it is usually after (because if there are issues, paying customers deserve to be helped first).
Hey Toby, any chance you could find out if they will accept organs as currency? At this point I actually regret every orchestral tools Library I've bought except BWW revive... and it's not because they aren't great libraries, it's just because I bought those to test the waters and see if I would like the libraries but unfortunately now I can't afford to get the rest of the Berlin Orchestra LMAO

I'm curious, what if orchestral tools did something similar to the Spitfire professional series but backwards... like had a $99 expansion but instead it's something like close and tree baked samples, with a non animated GUI to save on system resources

This would allow direct transferring to the full library for rendering, so I think it would be a step up over inspire

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

Although I find this OT library quite tempting to purchase, I decided to pass on it.

Sure, It has a lot of interesting sounds, but I came to the conclusion that I really don't need it at this time. I might still consider it in the future.

I'm actually waiting for some other Sample Libraries to be released that will be more useful for my current needs.

Looking forward to read/hear some feedback from purchasers of this library.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

gtrwll

Post by gtrwll »

This has to be the first time I've ever preordered a sample library. Even though I don't have anything from Orchestral Tools before this, I've heard almost universal praise for their libraries and the walkthroughs were enough to convince me.

Aoiichi

Post by Aoiichi »

Man, I said to myself I wasn't gonna buy another more orchestral libraries until CSB and CSW are out... but I felt like I had to make an exception here. This seems like everything I wanted SF's evo series and swarms to be. But more than that, it feels like Time Macro genuinely brings something to the table that doesn't really exist yet.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Yeah, I've loaded it into my cart several times over the last couple of days.

On the one hand, the demos are gorgeous. I own ARK 1, and I really like it. I like Capsule as a concept, although I don't make nearly enough use of it since ARK 1 is my only OT library.

On the other hand it feels odd pre-ordering. I've not taken this big a leap yet with what is (and will become even more so) a big(ish) purchase.

Hmmm....

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Bill, I'm sitting on the precipice right next to you. Don't think I'm going to jump though. Still not sure.

L.J. Nachsin

wst3

Post by wst3 »

it's good to have friends on the precipice!

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

Its impressive how many people here want to buy something they don't need...

which is kind of funny to me, because it says a lot about OT craftmanship... In no way does the promo try to push the idea that it's even a library you need... it's basically just "look at this thing we made"

ive felt that way about some products too, and I can tell you that it's not going to be a regrettable purchase... I joke about it - but ark 3 is insanely fun to just load up multi's and create some chaos, even if I never record a single midi note

heisenberg

Post by heisenberg »

G.F. Hegel spoke about the subjunctive, as standing on the precipice of infinite possibility. You have a choice to run head long off the cliff either to your death or into the metaphysical. Your choice. One more day and we'll know.
Andrew Stone

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

heisenberg wrote: Oct 03, 2018 11:21 pm G.F. Hegel spoke about the subjunctive, as standing on the precipice of infinite possibility. You have a choice to run head long off the cliff either to your death or into the metaphysical. Your choice. One more day and we'll know.
lets leave hegel out of this, in a lot of ways his ideas let to some pretty grievous tragedies

I don't want OT libraries to do that. LOL.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I decided to jump... infinite possibilities... I don't need it, Kyle's right, I already have more sound possibilities than I'll probably ever use. I tend to use the same old tools, the ones I know.

Or, it could add a whole new dimension to something I write in the future.

I'm about to find out<G>!

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

wst3 wrote: Oct 03, 2018 11:36 pm I decided to jump... infinite possibilities... I don't need it, Kyle's right, I already have more sound possibilities than I'll probably ever use. I tend to use the same old tools, the ones I know.

Or, it could add a whole new dimension to something I write in the future.

I'm about to find out<G>!
im a terrible influence

:thumbsup:

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

I preordered yesterday. Although I have a ton of prerecorded stuff - much of it never been used - the concept of time ticking seems a very useful idea for many jobs where you need impressive results quickly (haha! The concept of time ticking ...). Also, my template is very much based around OT, so, it is pretty useful to have everything with the same interface you know inside out.
That being said, I recently tried to downsize the impact of the template on ram for those instruments in the template that are not being used for the given project. On my second Slave PC with 64 gb of ram, only OT Percussion and Brass including the expansions uses up more than 60% of the ram with all the samples purged! Jesus! :-) Kontakt itself cannot be the source of that problem, as I pretty much filled up each instance with up to 16 instruments (there are only about 20 Kontakt instances loaded for all those patches). I then read somewhere that capsule generally uses up way more ram than other libraries like spitfire. @Tobias: is there any chance of reducing that in future updates? Or is every byte essential for the functionality of capsule? Do the single instruments use up the same amount as the Multis or is there a big difference? Any other tips regarding this?
My own idea of solving this would be to spread the instruments on more Kontakt instances and use the disable feature in VEpro.

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

honestly yeah, that's what im worried about, I **should** be able to get a full OT template going with 128 gigs, but I might have to skimp on some instruments sadly

wst3

Post by wst3 »

KyleJudkins wrote: Oct 03, 2018 11:45 pm im a terrible influence
:thumbsup:
Probably, but really, the bit about jumping ending one of two ways did hit home. Not the first time I've heard that, and generally I lump that in with other platitudes, but...

It is a couple hundred bucks, if it turns out to be a complete turkey I will feel a little foolish, but that seems unlikely. If it turns out to be a winner I'll feel pretty smart, and I guess that is possible, based on the demos. Most likely it will add something to my palette that I can use to make my tracks sound better, even if it won't solve world hunger. And if that is the case it will be ok.

I tend to look at the world through a welder's mask these days, and that influences everything, even stuff that probably doesn't have a big impact. So we'll try it the other way and see what happens.

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Wow, Just played through the full multi's and this is a much better purchase than I expected! Beautiful tone Choir with great movement in the patches, makes other choirs seem lacking and dull. Woodwind ensembles that actually play well and I can see using (Albion One and Symphobia both don't work for me, I use BWW solos or Cinewinds). All the sustains have nice movement that's SUBTLE, meaning you can use it for sustains (ok, not all are subtle) but adds such a nice presence to the sustains without being too much. Some amazing sounding stuff that will get lots of use here. But I may start to find traditional library sustains lifeless. :)

gtrwll

Post by gtrwll »

Did a few bars' worth of quick sketching, and the potential does feel massive. Loved the harp/vibe-combination in the walkthough videos, and they don't disappoint in real life either.

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Going through the individual sections was nice. So great they can be stacked properly. The Tree mics on the woodwinds have a little too much air for me, (after eq'ing it seems to be mostly 6-7k, which can be pulled down 3 or 4 db while adding 3 or 4k for more clarity) but switching to the AB mics helps. I use the close and AB mics together, plus surround or some reverb, and they sound great. The reed are a nice tone and the winds are cool for writing quickly. Great to have these beautiful ensemble patches (especially with all the special articulations) to give some inspiration. Kudos to OT and Tobias!

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

man, im living vicariously through you all right now...

STREAM IT FOR ME BABY