There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Cherry Audio / Voltage Modular

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Cherry Audio / Voltage Modular

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Cherry Audio’s Voltage Modular is “a brand-new virtual modular platform, designed from the outset to be the best sounding, most powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use virtual modular instrument available.”

Voltage Modular is cross-platform for Windows and OSX in AU, VST, VST3, and Pro Tools AAX formats, and also runs standalone on both platforms. User patches and cabinets are freely exchangeable across platforms.

For a limited time, Cherry Audio offers the Voltage Modular Core Package (69 modules, regularly $150) plus the Misfit Audio Electro Drums Package (15 modules, regularly $50) — that's a total of 84 modules — for the special introductory price of just $150.

_

wst3

Re: Cherry Audio / Voltage Modular

Post by wst3 »

I do wish I'd skipped over this post!

I've invested some money, and quite a bit of time, into Softube's Modular. I really like it, and I think I am starting to get the hang of it. I still turn to my trusty TimewARP2600 when I want to quickly create a sound from scratch, but in fairness I've been using the ARP 2600 since before I learned to drive, so the comparison is hardly fair.

Anyway, I also have the Mood Modular that came with the Arturia collection. I'm impressed with some of the presets, but I find using it to be cumbersome, and I prefer the sound of the Softube - at least for stuff I'm making up.

Along comes this (and I also spent some time with VCV). It' snot unlike sequencers or sample libraries or any other tool we use. I'd love to have, and understand, them all, but it is wiser (for me) to try to focus on one, or at most two, examples in each category. And I've already broken that rule with sequencers (Sonar, Studio One, and now DP).

Still better than the bad old days when I used four different audio editors (Sound Forge, Wavelab, Samplewrench, and Audition) because no one of them did everything I needed. These days I use Wavelab for nearly everything, I still fire up Samplewrench if I am fiddling with loop points, but if I spent a few minutes I"m sure Wavelab can do that too.

The offer is not unattractive, but for now I think I will try to behave myself...

PhJ

Re: Cherry Audio / Voltage Modular

Post by PhJ »

wst3 wrote: Oct 09, 2018 1:13 pm These days I use Wavelab for nearly everything, I still fire up Samplewrench if I am fiddling with loop points, but if I spent a few minutes I"m sure Wavelab can do that too.
  • Select zone
  • Insert 'loop markers'
  • Go to the 'Process' tab and use the 'loop tweaker' function