There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Cinesamples Voices Of War: Men Of The North

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Cinesamples Voices Of War: Men Of The North

Post by Guy Rowland »

Voices of War - Men of the North is a low-voiced mail choir that covers all things "Vikings." It features a wide collection of ambience, atmosphere, drone, pad, legato, word-building and texture patches recorded at the legendary MGM Scoring Stage in Los Angeles.
It does sound very Lord Of The Rings...

$229, introductory discount of $199.

https://cinesamples.com/product/voices- ... -the-north

Killiard

Re: Cinesamples Voices Of War: Men Of The North

Post by Killiard »

Sounds nice. But damn is that GUI terrible. The font is really, really messy, all squidged up like it is.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

They have gone GUI bonkers of late it seems.

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

That GUI is hurting my eyes...

tack

Post by tack »

Some very good sounds in that walkthrough -- though the typical uncanny valley of choirs in many places of course -- but yes, that GUI looks like a circa 1995 video game.
- Jason

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

tack wrote: Dec 19, 2018 6:47 pm Some very good sounds in that walkthrough -- though the typical uncanny valley of choirs in many places of course -- but yes, that GUI looks like a circa 1995 video game.
I knew, I had seen that somewhere ... Indiana Jones and the Shield of the Norseme - by Disney, formerly known as Lucas Arts! :-D

Erik

Post by Erik »

After the 80s craze may be we ´ll go through a 90’s rewind folly
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

This is now on offer for $139 (and Voxos for $349). Must admit I'm a bit tempted, it does sound rather good - just keep your eyes off the GUI...

mickeyl

Post by mickeyl »

Great pointer, thanks, Guy. Took the plunge despite the GUI, it sounds really lovely.
Cheers,

Dr. Michael Lauer – My Music

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Good isn't it, Michael? Got it too - feels very different to my other choirs, and absolutely nails that smooth LOTR tone. Legato sounds very good too, a good buy at $139.

playz123

Post by playz123 »

I bought this a few months ago, have already used it in two smaller projects and am quite happy with my purchase. I understand some have concerns about the interface, but personally it is not a pronlem for me at all and is certainly more appealing on my own screen than when viewing the Cinesamples videos, for example. And there’s also a lot one can do with the library, even though it’s geared towards a certain genre. BTW, if you want to experience an unusal combination, try adding a didgeridoo hit in the background with the lower ‘drone’ type voices on occasion. It actually works! 😄
Frank E. Lancaster

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

playz123 wrote: Apr 02, 2019 10:22 amBTW, if you want to experience an unusal combination, try adding a didgeridoo hit in the background with the lower ‘drone’ type voices on occasion. It actually works! 😄
I can imagine - those super low patches sound kinda didge-ish, somehow!

Also agree the GUI is less obnoxious in the flesh. I don't like the trend towards these super-wide GUIs though, pretty redundant in this case for sure.