There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

The Library Music Film

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
kpc

The Library Music Film

Post by kpc »

Was glancing through TapeOp this morning over coffee and ran across a review of this doc on LIbrary Music. Seemed very interesting, but the damn thing linked to a facebook page. Being a non FB user, I can’t seem to find much info - especially since GD FB keeps popping up the sign in/join window obscuring the page. So frustrating.

Anyone here that is on FB have any info about where you can watch it. I would be more than happy to buy and support the film, but I can’t see where to do that. Even their own webpage - when you click for more info - takes you to FB. (Side gripe - why any business would depend solely on the %*!# FB for their promo/info is beyond me).

If you have any info you can share, I would be most thankful. Looks like a really cool doc. I did email the production company and ask about it - I will post when I hear back.

facebook.com/librarymusicfilm
- kayle

chrisr

Re: The Library Music Film

Post by chrisr »

I went to the FB page - they had a link to a youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2V8x ... nw7fOOCyHE

Topic author
kpc

Post by kpc »

chrisr wrote: Jan 24, 2019 8:11 am I went to the FB page - they had a link to a youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2V8x ... nw7fOOCyHE
Thanks Chris - I should have been a bit more specific. I went to the YouTube page and you can see the trailers and bits - but nothing there about seeing the entire doc - just bits and pieces and no info (that I could see) about how to support/buy the film and if it has or when it will be released. Did you see something I missed?

Thanks
k
- kayle

chrisr

Post by chrisr »

ah - my bad. No nothing on FB about a release, but ironically there was a post yesterday about a screening in London last night. It may be that they're trying do get some screenings/festivals in before a public release?

I expect they'll get back to your email but if you want to be a bit more direct there was also a mobile/cell number on the FB page (going to write longform) : seven eight four one five zero nine (onehundred) - if you ad +44 to the start of that (for the uk) then I expect you'll find yourself speaking to the right person.

Often these things are avail on vimeo with password protection - you may even find they're kind enough to allow you to view if so?

Topic author
kpc

Post by kpc »

Did get a rather nice email response:
Thanks for your email and glad you found us on tape op!
At present we are in the midst of a cinema screening run across Europe and currently booking screenings in the US.
Other than at a screening you can buy the DVD from bandcamp - please note it is a PAL region dvd.

https://thelibrarymusicfilm.bandcamp.co ... -dvd-pal-2

Digital streaming services & VOD to follow later this year.
Many thanks and sorry for the fb frustration.
I can't use a PAL dvd here - Unless a region free DVD player will do the conversion - does anyone know if that is true? I don't think so, but maybe I am wrong.

Anyway, looking forward to a release that I can use.
Cheers
- kayle

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

kpc wrote: Jan 24, 2019 11:37 am Did get a rather nice email response:
Thanks for your email and glad you found us on tape op!
At present we are in the midst of a cinema screening run across Europe and currently booking screenings in the US.
Other than at a screening you can buy the DVD from bandcamp - please note it is a PAL region dvd.

https://thelibrarymusicfilm.bandcamp.co ... -dvd-pal-2

Digital streaming services & VOD to follow later this year.
Many thanks and sorry for the fb frustration.
I can't use a PAL dvd here - Unless a region free DVD player will do the conversion - does anyone know if that is true? I don't think so, but maybe I am wrong.

Anyway, looking forward to a release that I can use.
Cheers
Kayle, I thought VLC could play anything? At least on a windows computer. It is a pity that this is not available yet on digital platforms. But, I can understand that they cannot do that until the screenings are over.

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

This should be a good watch. I have been listening to music on EMI production music and I am often highly impressed by the quality of the music and the production. Some of these albums are as good as anything else I have heard. In fact, the further back you go, it seems that the over all quality is better.

Such a fascinating world!