There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Black Friday 2019

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Tanuj Tiku

Re: Black Friday 2019

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Heavyocity and UAD added

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Tanuj Tiku wrote: Nov 19, 2019 3:30 am Heavyocity and UAD added
Huh - I see Heavyocity Punish is actually 75% off. This is now at the price I think it always should have been - $49. It's pretty damn good in their plugins, so might just go for it.

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 19, 2019 3:48 am
Tanuj Tiku wrote: Nov 19, 2019 3:30 am Heavyocity and UAD added
Huh - I see Heavyocity Punish is actually 75% off. This is now at the price I think it always should have been - $49. It's pretty damn good in their plugins, so might just go for it.
Yes! I've been trying to setup a chain that gives me (somewhat) the same effect as Punish but I don't get "that" sound. For €49 I actually can't resist any longer.

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Additions:

Audio Imperia - up to 50% off

Sample Fuel - 30% off

PS:

Flux Audio - 67% off

GRM Tools - up to 60% off

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Eventide have Anthology for $499, and Elevate for $99. I've been waitng for a good deal on the H3000 proper - not Band Delays, but nothing there seemingly. I've looked through Anthology and there really is nothing else in there that I want (given I already have Blackhole, which is ace).

If anyone is tempted and already have some of the set, you can enter your iLok ID here and get a further discount based on what you already own - https://eventideaudio.us8.list-manage.c ... 14ee1c0c40

Can a kindly mod at the Avid 15% off thing, its the only thing so far I'm 100% certain to get.

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 19, 2019 2:58 am Avid are offering 15% off annual updates and subs (not educational versions). Might not sound much, but by previous experience this is probably the only discount of the year. Tends to be an especially good deal for UK users ordering from US resellers, compared to the Avid shop. I'm letting my second non-Ultimate license lapse since they doubled the price in the summer, but keeping Ultimate active.
Guy, Avid seems to be having a lot of sales on offer right now, from plugins to subscriptions of all kinds. Even within subs I saw different rates, depending on payment structure - up to 20% off.

I am adding it as a general sales heading while highlighting offers on subscriptions.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Tanuj Tiku wrote: Nov 19, 2019 9:37 am
Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 19, 2019 2:58 am Avid are offering 15% off annual updates and subs (not educational versions). Might not sound much, but by previous experience this is probably the only discount of the year. Tends to be an especially good deal for UK users ordering from US resellers, compared to the Avid shop. I'm letting my second non-Ultimate license lapse since they doubled the price in the summer, but keeping Ultimate active.
Guy, Avid seems to be having a lot of sales on offer right now, from plugins to subscriptions of all kinds. Even within subs I saw different rates, depending on payment structure - up to 20% off.

I am adding it as a general sales heading while highlighting offers on subscriptions.
Oddly enough, I can't see any discounts on the Avid page for subs or support plans!

Best I've seen the Ultimate support plan (ie the annual tax for permanent license owners to stay current) is 15% off at JRR Shop and Sweetwater - do let me know if you saw anywhere cheaper for that. Thanks Tanuj!

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 19, 2019 2:30 pm
Tanuj Tiku wrote: Nov 19, 2019 9:37 am

Oddly enough, I can't see any discounts on the Avid page for subs or support plans!

Best I've seen the Ultimate support plan (ie the annual tax for permanent license owners to stay current) is 15% off at JRR Shop and Sweetwater - do let me know if you saw anywhere cheaper for that. Thanks Tanuj!
Guy, I must admit that I know nothing of the Avid world. After you asked it to be included, I simply went to their website: https://www.avid.com/special-offers

And I can see many offers there. Whether the subscription type you are talking about is part of one of these offers, I don't know because I have no idea about Pro Tools.

But, I have attached some pictures of what I am seeing when I arrive at that same web page.

Sorry, if I have got it wrong! In which case, Jason, can you please take over and make the changes for Avid on the original post?
Attachments
Avid TSB 3.JPG
Avid TSB 2.JPG
Avid TSB 1.JPG

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

It's the perils of Black Friday, Tanuj.... knowing what offers are regular, what aren't, when resellers have deals that the manufacturers don't and, in Avid's case, the difference between a subscription and a support plan. It looks to me as if the annual support plans (for permanent license holders) are reseller-only at the moment, which may or may not change change, but the subscription deals (for rental licenses) are on the Avid website and the deals vary as to length of time.

Aren't you just thrilled with you brief brush with the Avid world and envy all of us who have to navigate this on an ongoing basis? :)

kony

Post by kony »

Would anyone know if the Cinematic Studio Series BF discount stacks with their loyalty discount?

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 19, 2019 4:10 pm It's the perils of Black Friday, Tanuj.... knowing what offers are regular, what aren't, when resellers have deals that the manufacturers don't and, in Avid's case, the difference between a subscription and a support plan. It looks to me as if the annual support plans (for permanent license holders) are reseller-only at the moment, which may or may not change change, but the subscription deals (for rental licenses) are on the Avid website and the deals vary as to length of time.

Aren't you just thrilled with you brief brush with the Avid world and envy all of us who have to navigate this on an ongoing basis? :)
Guy, I sure am very thrilled! When I was at university, I had a Pro Tools system - the days of hardware! I did not know much about MIDI and would just record everything live from my keyboard. I had LE 6 - I think! My aunt gave it to me as a present (a very nice one at that!) Anyway, I was very annoyed to find out that there was a track limit and I had to pay several hundred pounds to get the post production bundle. Owning the hardware was also a sticking point, moving into the future.

Luckily, I had an online chat with Daryl many years ago (had no idea who he was then) at the VSL forum and he advised me to go with Cubase 4, at the time. Never looked back!

I never really understood their predatory pricing and them locking simple and essential features to money, despite the fact that most computers could run the program easily, just like everyone else. However, I have been told that it was something to do with their code and low latency. I don't know. No doubt, it was a superior program for audio back in the day. I guess, it was always aimed at professional studios and I had no business getting into it, in the first place.

Luckily, I have never had to get Pro tools. You can get by, by delivering wav stems in India to the dubbing stage (In fact, I think they prefer it) or any place else. I know that in London and LA, most everyone is delivering Pro Tools sessions. And I guess if you are in the audio world then it is almost mandatory. I don't know of a single reputable studio in Mumbai that is not running Pro Tools. There was one that was running Logic - the wrath they faced from the industry!!! The studio was ultimately decommissioned but for many other reasons. It was plagued with problems relating to location, acoustics and as some people even said 'too rich' for them.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Well, they're still arbitrarily locking features to this day of course. On top of Vanilla / Ultimate, they now have voice packs (not on sale) to add 128 more tracks @ a few hundred bucks a pop. Just changes an internal preference of course.

It's a simple rule - if you don't NEED Pro Tools, don't get it.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

50% off bundles, individual instruments and upgrades at Native Instruments - https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... -xxl-2019/ This year there is an occasional catch though - some of the individual instruments have had price bumps eg Straylight has gone from $150 to $200 before the price cut.

cyoder

Post by cyoder »

Red Room Audio has an Anniversary sale - up to 35% off for the next 10 days: https://redroomaudio.com/shop/
- Christian

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Additions:

1. Keep Forest - 50%-75% off
2. Audio Ollie - $399 LA Modern Percussion and $149 Scoring Synths

kpc

Post by kpc »

30% off SampleFuel with code BFS-30PERCENT
- kayle

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Does anyone know, if Universal Audio ever does sales on their DSP hardware? My new Hackintosh-Forum hasn't got firewire and I also have no PCIe slot left on this build. Which is why I thought I might take the opportunity and upgrade to an Octo core thunderbolt. Is there any chance to get it cheaper? Maybe even during Black Friday madness?

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

FriFlo wrote: Nov 20, 2019 5:20 pm Does anyone know, if Universal Audio ever does sales on their DSP hardware? My new Hackintosh-Forum hasn't got firewire and I also have no PCIe slot left on this build. Which is why I thought I might take the opportunity and upgrade to an Octo core thunderbolt. Is there any chance to get it cheaper? Maybe even during Black Friday madness?
I'm not 100% sure on money off the hardware itself, but they've offered lots of bundled plugins.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 20, 2019 5:27 pm I'm not 100% sure on money off the hardware itself, but they've offered lots of bundled plugins.
Yeah, they kind of always got a sale on their plugins, don't they? ;) I guess, this is how they persuaded me to buy so many, that I need an Octo core now. :D
But I right now, I just need one of those thunderbolt UAD boxes and they don't come cheap! Spending money on it also feels kind of not sexy ... I just get to use more of the plugins I already paid for.

samplefuel

Post by samplefuel »

Receive 30% OFF Everything
(Poly, Wave & Hybrid Bundle Excluded)
When Using This Coupon Code At Checkout:
BFS-30PERCENT
Ends December 1st at 11:59pm PST

www.samplefuel.com

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Addition:

U-he - 30% off Zebra 2.9 (currently in Beta but coming end of November, for free - Beta available now)

Also - If you are an existing customer with even one u-he product - you can request a special 30% off code from u-he and use it on any product!

Offer ends December 4th

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Tanuj Tiku wrote: Nov 21, 2019 12:24 pm Addition:

U-he - 30% off Zebra 2.9 (currently in Beta but coming end of November, for free - Beta available now)

Also - If you are an existing customer with even one u-he product - you can request a special 30% off code from u-he and use it on any product!

Offer ends December 4th
Dammit - now I know a wavefolder effect is in the Zebra FX version.... dammit... Are those two things combine-able do you know?

Meanwhile 50% off all Cinesamples products and bundles. Can't remember them doing a discount this deep or wide. https://cinesamples.com/products

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 21, 2019 1:06 pm
Tanuj Tiku wrote: Nov 21, 2019 12:24 pm Addition:

Offer ends December 4th
Dammit - now I know a wavefolder effect is in the Zebra FX version.... dammit... Are those two things combine-able do you know?

Meanwhile 50% off all Cinesamples products and bundles. Can't remember them doing a discount this deep or wide. https://cinesamples.com/products
Guy, the discounts cannot be combined:
Fine print
30% discount on Zebra2 for everyone • 30% discount coupons for existing u-he customers, usable on any other u-he product • To qualify for a coupon, you must have at least one commercial u-he product currently registered • Products registered after November 21st, 12 P.M. CET do not qualify for a discount coupon • Coupons cannot be combined with the Zebra2 discount, i.e. 60% off Zebra2 is not possible • Coupons cannot be applied to bundles, transfer tokens or merch • The value of the Zebra2 discount or coupon codes can not be paid out in cash or refunded • Coupons are limited to one code per customer • These offers expire December 4th, 12 P.M. (noon) CET, make sure you purchase in time! •
Cinesamples - wow! Checking to see if I find something interesting...

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I've just tried the beta of Zebra 2.9, which must be my 5th trial of it, and try as I might, I just can't love it. Some great sounds for sure, but nothing that really overexcites me and I've never got on that interface I know many others love, I don't find the modulation intuitive. The tag browser is in this version which is very welcome, but was quite surprised that after so many years its a mere 600+ presets. Finally the Wavefolder in there is just not the same sounding as the Repro 1 Jaws, which might have tipped me over the edge - similar but lacking that real magic Jaws has.

Clearly I don't like clean digital synths much, never mind FM. Don't like Massive X, didn't like the original Massive. Avenger will do me for anything down that road, it's flexible, fun and I love the UI.

Yay, more money saved!