There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

NI Mysteria vocal instrument

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

NI Mysteria vocal instrument

Post by Guy Rowland »

Thrill, but with voices.

£269 RRP.

X-bassist

Re: NI Mysteria vocal instrument

Post by X-bassist »

Even moreso, since this can play through a scene and give you textures that are nowhere else, but they, like 8Dio and East West, seem to always price it at double or triple it’s market value, so when you get it at half off you think you got a deal. In reality this, Thrill, and Action Strikes are worth about $99, but you end up paying $149 and being happy about it. Clever marketing, but it is still a bummer when you know the truth. I’ve got to believe the only people buying it at full price are people who have an immediate need or newbies who have money to burn.

That said I like this one, if only for it’s unique yet very usable textures. I’m still holding off for a sale though. ;)

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

Yes, unless I have an immediate need for it in the future, I'll look forward to buying it with my Komplete 14U upgrade when that goes on sale in a couple of years, presuming, of course that Native Instruments hasn't switched to a subscription model by then.

It does look useful though.

Best,

Geoff

EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Considering how much went into production of this instrument, no, it's not worth $99 or $149, it IS worth the exact asking price.
Kontakt is love, Kontakt is life!

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

EvilDragon wrote: Feb 20, 2020 4:03 am Considering how much went into production of this instrument, no, it's not worth $99 or $149, it IS worth the exact asking price.
Perhaps, in which case N.I. Is a victim of its own pricing structure. Many will wait for a sale or inclusion in Komplete.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Lawrence wrote: Feb 20, 2020 4:34 amPerhaps, in which case N.I. Is a victim of its own pricing structure. Many will wait for a sale or inclusion in Komplete.
Yes, exactly this. Komplete, for years, has always been too good a deal frankly, and everyone knows how it works with near-certainty. If you really need it right now, of course buy it, but it will be included in the next version of Komplete which itself will be 50% reduced the summer after.

I know there's been whispers of a different model going forward, so it could change but in the meantime I have this pegged as a solid nice-to-have, just as Thrill was. Great product, no complaints at all, but not in daily use in reality.

EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

I would assume this would become a part of KU rather than regular Komplete, so again a higher priced tier than default one.

About different models, there's ideas thrown around regarding subscription and rent-to-own, but neither of those would be replacements to perpetual licensing that NI is using now. Rather additional means of accessing their product range. See here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ts.363057/
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... ts.372765/
Kontakt is love, Kontakt is life!

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Good news, thanks Mario.

In general I wait a version or two before updating Komplete, think that'll remain my strategy and just see how much I really need the new stuff each time. Fantastic bargain really.

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

Same here. I skip the odd Kompletes and buy the even ones.

I agree it's a fantastic bargain, especially if you use everything that's included.

Best,

Geoff