There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

NI Komplete 13

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Pablo Crespo

Re: NI Komplete 13

Post by Pablo Crespo »

I am going to start throwing some of my sounds into straylight to come up with new patches, you can throw them from the cubase medabay and start playing around..
Pablo Crespo
Argentina

lofi

Post by lofi »

So tell me, who did you sleep with to get the update/upgrade?
I've got, what looks like, a dozen copies of Komplete 12 in my account but no 13.
Yes I registered in late September...

/Anders

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

lofi wrote: Oct 02, 2020 11:33 am So tell me, who did you sleep with to get the update/upgrade?
I've got, what looks like, a dozen copies of Komplete 12 in my account but no 13.
Yes I registered in late September...

/Anders
A dozen copies of 12?! Something gone badly wrong there, I'd contact support.

In general, they said 48 hours to roll it out to everyone.

lofi

Post by lofi »

Guy Rowland wrote: Oct 02, 2020 11:37 am A dozen copies of 12?! Something gone badly wrong there, I'd contact support.

In general, they said 48 hours to roll it out to everyone.
According to NI homepage support is back on monday
Strange, but probably good, that they don’t roll out to all customers at once.
Imagine the shitstorm if other companies would play that game :)

Best,
/A

ok_tan

Post by ok_tan »

ANGELA would be very mad at them if they wouldn't respect the gesamtarbeitsvertrag (what a word!) and make their support team work on a weekend 😇
thx! theo

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

I currently have Komplete 12 Ultimate, I decided not to upgrade to Komplete 13 Ultimate, or Ultimate CE.

Nothing very attractive for me in the new version. I thought if they had the Cremona Quartet included in K13 Ult. I might have been more tempted, but I already have a good collection of Solo Strings. Nothing else tempted me to upgrade to K13.

Pablo Crespo

Post by Pablo Crespo »

I am hesitant about the cremona quartet, sometimes I think it sounds ok sometimes I don´t like it one bit, and it´s more than 100gb I think, any opinions?
Pablo Crespo
Argentina

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Pablo Crespo wrote: Oct 02, 2020 3:00 pm I am hesitant about the cremona quartet, sometimes I think it sounds ok sometimes I don´t like it one bit, and it´s more than 100gb I think, any opinions?
I did some more ad hoc playing around today, but nothing seriously in anger. My feeling is that it's got good control, and some excellent articulations. It's a little on the sterile side, it's not suited for front and centre virtuoso stuff (despite the branding), but it seems more playable than, say Spitfire Solo Strings. So still reserving judgement, but it feels pretty solid so far.

lofi

Post by lofi »

ok_tan wrote: Oct 02, 2020 12:35 pm ANGELA would be very mad at them if they wouldn't respect the gesamtarbeitsvertrag (what a word!) and make their support team work on a weekend 😇
Poor Merkel, she must be furious.
Still nothing :)
Ta da!
/A

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

(ust a heads up that Guitar Rig 6 Pro has two new effects, Replika Shimmer and Replika GR, and 144 new artist presets. Both these effects hint at the more ambient end of things which is already a huge strong point for GR, so looking forward to playing with these.

I also noticed several other updates in Native Access, including less CPU for Super 8, and some solo strings impulse improvements on vibrato.