There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

IK Amplitube 5

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

IK Amplitube 5

Post by Guy Rowland »

It does look very nicely refined:

Full details and pricing here - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/ . Existing owners update prices are terrible, so I'll be holding fire until the inevitable sale rolls around.

Erik

Re: IK Amplitube 5

Post by Erik »

Hi Lady and gents,
Might not be the right but as I’ve purchased my 1st guitar this fall (Telecaster MIM), I gather info on amp n’ FX emulations as I don’t have and don’t plan to have a combo in the foreseable future.
The offer is a tad too complexe for me to know where to look for - Amplitude, Overloud, Guitar Rig 6 (I have 5)...
Help and feedback would be greatly appreciated :-)
Thanx !
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I love Guitar Rig for its ambient or clean sounds, Amplitube tends to have the better distortion. But that's based on GR5 and AT4 (no experience of Overloud). GR6 has some great UI improvements and a bunch of excellent sounding presets, but honestly I haven't had time to seriously put it through its paces.

One thing I only just found out about upgrading from Amplitube 4 Max to 5 is you don't really need the Max bit. There are a few new collections but I seem to have acquired most of those in sales. Then they have their jampoints thing. So I can upgrade 4 Max to 5, keep all the extra stuff in 4 Max, for something like $104 or something. A lot better than the headline figure of $250 to upgrade 4 Max to 5 Max.

Amplitube 5 certainly looks to have a vastly improved interface which is clumsy in 4, so I'll confess I'm a bit tempted.

Erik

Post by Erik »

Thanx Guy.
There’s also Bias...
I must say that at these pricing (over 150€) I’m still not sure if I’ld rather get a Boss Katana.
Really I have no clue.
May be I should go check on the interweb if GR6 is an improvement over GR5, as updating from K12U to K13U is 380’ish€.
Not sure I like overdriven sounds in GR but what do I know, my experience in distorted guitars is mostly via records and YT demos...
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986