There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Fluffy Audio / "Fluffy Friday" (up to 80% off, storewide)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Fluffy Audio / "Fluffy Friday" (up to 80% off, storewide)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Fluffy Audio runs the lowest prices *ever* on several of their products:

- Dominus Choir Pro for just 499! (or even less if you are upgrading from Dominus Choir)
- Dominus Choir for 189!
- Spaghetti Western for 199 (first sale ever on it)
- Venice Modern Strings at 50%, so 199!

Prices in USD or Euro respectively. The sale ends December 3rd, 2020.

_

Ashermusic

Re: Fluffy Audio / "Fluffy Friday" (up to 80% off, storewide)

Post by Ashermusic »

Perhaps my favorite developer.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Those woodwinds demos on the site are gorgeous pieces of music. Any comments from any owners here?

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Crikey blimey Dominus sounds wonderful. I didn't think I wanted any more choir libraries but... well, you know.

This is much more delicate and refined than anything I have, and the engine looks great too. Again, I'll be all ears if anyone with the library wants to chip in.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

remember when I said I wasn't buying any more libraries for a while?

Either "a while" has passed, or I was just wrong. I really like Spaghetti Western, and while I do not have a pressing need for it now (where was it five years ago???) I think I will buy it, just because it is cool. And to support one of my favorite developers (that last part is just to ease the guilt<G>)

paoling

Post by paoling »

Thank you guys!
Covid had slowed a bit our ability to produce "themed" libraries, but this is the direction that we'd like to follow for our future project. Spaghetti Western came out from a conversation with the audio engineer we worked with (Stefano Castagna) and so I can't wait for the damn pandemic to end so we can travel a bit more and sample other nice "themed" things.

bryla

Post by bryla »

That's great to hear! Maybe I could put in a ticket for a Mancini-styled library?

A composer I orchestrate for use a lot of VMS and Fluffy woodwinds and I always thought his demoes sound amazing. Will be looking in to these to for the sale.
Thomas Bryla

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

The Fluffy winds are my favorite, although I keep nagging Paolo for and english horn and more articulations for the oboe. But easily my favorite sampled flute, clarinet and bassoon.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Fluffy has been the biggest draw for me this Black Friday. I got the regular Dominus Choir and its a jewel to be sure. It's very intuitive, I love how it uses tempo syncing to default to a solid musical application of words and the joins are seamless. It's got a good range all round, but it excels in the softer, more classical tone and I don't have anything like that really. It's just gorgeous.

I also went for the woodwinds bundle. The standout for me is the clarinet, and I do seem to be in an eternal search for the perfect clarinet. This compliments the Jose Herring one well, a gorgeous tone, very playable and the jazzy glissandos are a great trick. The other three instruments are all good but I have a few niggles with each so while I think the clarinet will be my first port of call from here on, the others might be used a little less.

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 27, 2020 5:10 am Fluffy has been the biggest draw for me this Black Friday. I got the regular Dominus Choir and its a jewel to be sure. It's very intuitive, I love how it uses tempo syncing to default to a solid musical application of words and the joins are seamless. It's got a good range all round, but it excels in the softer, more classical tone and I don't have anything like that really. It's just gorgeous.

I also went for the woodwinds bundle. The standout for me is the clarinet, and I do seem to be in an eternal search for the perfect clarinet. This compliments the Jose Herring one well, a gorgeous tone, very playable and the jazzy glissandos are a great trick. The other three instruments are all good but I have a few niggles with each so while I think the clarinet will be my first port of call from here on, the others might be used a little less.
I also love the Maratti flute.

www.jayasher.com

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I keep listening to the demos of the winds, and they are really quite good. I'm probably going to pass this year simply because I just don't need more libraries! Nor can I really justify them. But I will be keeping an eye on them.