There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Boom Library Turbine 75% off, One Day Only

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
soundbylaura

Boom Library Turbine 75% off, One Day Only

Post by soundbylaura »

Boom Library's Turbine is on sale at 75% off - $53.75 - at Asoundeffect, today (Monday) only.

https://www.asoundeffect.com/sound-libr ... 7809317ed8
Be an upstander.

Guy Rowland

Re: Boom Library Turbine 75% off, One Day Only

Post by Guy Rowland »

Thanks Laura. I'm not always thrilled with Boom's stuff and often feel it's over-priced, but this was a good one and now a great price. Bought.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

And now I never need to purchase a jet engine SFX library again! Love it!

Mikeybabes

Post by Mikeybabes »

Do you know, I've always wanted to buy this product since it was launched, but at the original price it was way too expensive for an impulse purchase.

However, nevermore shall I be deficient in the whooshing department.

My neighbours will think they're next door to Heathrow.....

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Mikeybabes wrote: Nov 23, 2020 2:44 pm Do you know, I've always wanted to buy this product since it was launched, but at the original price it was way too expensive for an impulse purchase.

However, nevermore shall I be deficient in the whooshing department.

My neighbours will think they're next door to Heathrow.....
Fun, innit?

It's also quite useful to break down a specific element such as a whine which you can layer over something else. But we all know just flying that arrow around the screen is the good stuff.

Mikeybabes

Post by Mikeybabes »

I fear my wife has rapidly tired of my new acquisition, and the headphones are going to have to be deployed.....

But actually, there's some really interesting things going on harmonically, particularly at lower speeds. I think this is going to be even more interesting than I originally thought...

wst3

Post by wst3 »

There are a handful of tools, not SFX libraries per se, that are changing the face of sound design.
  • Boom Library Soundweaver - same idea. Not like I've never layered sounds to create new ones, but this is cool!
  • Tonsturm Wind Machine - holy carp, this thing is amazing. Goodbye recording (many of which I did myself) hello performing the wind! It is amazing!
  • Tonsturm Traveler - this one was a tough call, I can create the same effect using a bunch of plugins, and I've gotten somewhat used to it. But once again this makes it so much easier, and I think the results are better.
  • Tonsturm Whoosh - this was my first foray into these new-fangled tools. I really did not expect much, but I was curious. Turns out this is better, and easier, than creating them with synthesizers!
  • Krotos Dehumanizer - way better than a bunch of filters, pitch shifters and a vocoder!
Add to that list Boom Library Turbine - yes with a LOT of work you could probably get very close, but this makes it so easy. This really is a cool tool! And it is not limited to jet engines, although it does them quite well. (It would have been asking too much to include a few prop driven aircraft???)

I am considering a Foley tool, there are two that look very interesting (this from a guy with GB of Foley sounds<G>):
  • ImpactSoundWorks Cinema Sound Foley Library, which is a Kontakt library, not a plugin, but that's ok, I like the interface a lot.
  • UVI Walker - similar in many ways, but sufficiently different to make the decision a little bit tougher!
Krotos has two other tools that interest me - Igniter and Weaponizer. Some serious coin, but if I have a project that calls for either of them I will buy them.

The art of sound design is changing, I think for the better. And yes, I am adding Turbine to my tool chest.

Erik

Post by Erik »

Thanx Laura.
Just as Mickeybabe, I wanted to buy it since day one but not at its regular price, as it’s for sheer hobbyist fun.
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986