There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Audio Ollie / Nashville Scoring Strings

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Audio Ollie / Nashville Scoring Strings

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Some time in the making, but available now: AudioOllie's Nashville Scoring Strings.

Two demo's:
https://files.elfsight.com/storage/e85c ... 4347c.mpga
https://files.elfsight.com/storage/e85c ... d73a8.mpga

Introductory price: $349 / Full price: $499

Lawrence

Re: Audio Ollie / Nashville Scoring Strings

Post by Lawrence »

The shorts, the trills, the tremolos, the pizzicatos and the harmonics all sound great to me, particularly the pizz. Very dramatic col legno as well.

I doubt if there's an agile legato in there. The tone of the legatos is good if maybe a tiny bit flat. I don't think the amount of vibrato is going to fit every situation, and unless I missed something, there won't be options.

I'm tired so maybe I missed them, but I didn't hear the cellos demo'd in the articulation run through??
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

Cellos up front on the vid 1:55 (you missed it maybe age related...:)...), fairly accurate synopsis Larry from someone who does not have the library. Your instincts are fine tuned. The legato is pretty darn agile though, I think that most fast stuff can be pulled off with it. There is a runs patch in the library abet the old spicc, trill layer trick. Library sonically is warm and sometimes super full sounding. Shorts are special.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Might be age related, but also related to my propensity for skipping large sections of videos where the developer is telling me how fantastic the library is, over and over. Well, right-I certainly expect you to think so, but..umm...wouldn't you be a little biased?? Maybe just let us figure it out instead?

Regardless, there are a lot of things to like about this library. Going back to check the cellos at 1:55 :)

Edit-ummm, if we're talking about the articulation vid, you sure have an interesting idea about the range of cellos, Craig :)
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

I like it too, based on what I've heard. I just might ... no, I shouldn't, really... or should I? ... no ... well, er ... mmmm ... maybe ...

_

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Piet De Ridder wrote: Nov 03, 2020 11:33 am I like it too, based on what I've heard. I just might ... no, I shouldn't, really... or should I? ... no ... well, er ... mmmm ... maybe ...

_
You should-immediately! :)

(wanting review)

L.J. Nachsin

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

Just a word of warning in case you have not thought of it, this library on many patches wants a negative delay so you have to ok with working this way. There is a patch offset on shorts to make it easier to play in but still you have make adjustments.

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

For what's it's worth, Con Moto is currently sale priced as well; and Vista introductory pricing has also been announced. If you want the Performance Samples method, there are currently three competing sales.

That said, I believe that Nashville Strings is the only one that includes additional articulations other than legato.

Best,

Geoff

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

Scoredog wrote: Nov 03, 2020 3:25 pm Just a word of warning in case you have not thought of it, this library on many patches wants a negative delay so you have to ok with working this way. There is a patch offset on shorts to make it easier to play in but still you have make adjustments.
There are only two differing delays. Most are 140ms and two are 80ms (Marcatos and one other patch.)

These are easily accommodated for within all DAWs.

Not an issue - especially in relation to something like CSS.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I didn't buy CSS specifically because of the track delays. I don't want to work that way. I find it annoying in CSSS.

L.J. Nachsin

srkrishnan

Post by srkrishnan »

Piet have you bought this library? If so how well do you enjoy it?

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

No, I haven't bought it, Srkrishnan.
Can't tell you anything about it (from a user perspective), I'm afraid. Sorry.

_

srkrishnan

Post by srkrishnan »

No worries Piet. Thank you.