There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Spectrasonics updates inc VST3 and M1 support [now Monterey also]

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Spectrasonics updates inc VST3 and M1 support [now Monterey also]

Post by Guy Rowland »

Spectrasonics have updated their range for VST3 and Native M1 support, and updated Omnisphere to 2.7 with bug fixes and a few tweaks. I'm not sure why, but they've added a 9th audio output - since you can't route effects separately, I can't think of a reason for this tbh. The update did massively improve my browsing speed though.

kpc

Re: Spectrasonics updates inc VST3 and M1 support

Post by kpc »

Maybe the 9th audio out will somehow tie into RMX 2? Not likely, but trying to be hopeful for an RMX update soon.
- kayle

EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

9th output might be there for auxes, so you can route 8 multi parts separately, and then on 9th output all the auxes are summed. With just 8 outputs as previously, if you wanted individual outputs for each of 8 multi parts, one of them would have to also contain the summed aux as well.
Kontakt is love, Kontakt is life!

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

EvilDragon wrote: Jun 16, 2021 9:31 am 9th output might be to for auxes, so you can route 8 multi parts separately, and then on 9th output all the auxes are summed. With just 8 outputs as previously, if you wanted individual outputs for each of 8 multi parts, one of them would have to also contain the summed aux as well.
Oh yeah - the auxes always go to A and you can't change it, to this way you can keep them separate from the 8 parts. Nice!

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

Oh, that means now is the time to look for one of those M1 babies. :)

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

GR Baumann wrote: Jun 17, 2021 9:47 pm Oh, that means now is the time to look for one of those M1 babies. :)
As my laptop for office work, photography and notation plus here and there a mobile recording, I bought the MacBook Air m1 about half a year ago. And it is really my favorite laptop ever: dead silent (no fans) but powerful enough to do some intensive stuff here and there. It could not replace my Cubase machine in the studio due to the ram limit (16GB at the moment) and the reduced connectivity.

I really hope there will be a model in the future that will meet my demands without being crazy expensive like the newest Mac Pro. This might well be the case, as music is not that much of a task any more for modern computers. And as I plan on using a VEpro PC for huge ram demands anyway, I could see myself using something like a slightly beefed up Mac Mini. That machine seems likely to become reality according to some analysts. Until then, I will happily continue using my i9900k Hackintosh. It is good enough for many years to come and the upcoming macOS is already running on similar machines in beta.

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

Thanks for your thoughts. Just from the reports I read, I am convinced about the Mac mini M1, I do not need a small portable screen, as nice as it is to have of course. Considering this is only the first iterartion, wow. Also in terms of bang for the buck Mac mini is an intersting choice now.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I'm very lustful over those M1 macbooks....

Meanwhile I just posted this on a KVR thread as a user reported a drag-drop problem with Stylus RMX and Fruity Loops. Heads up - for me this is a problematic update in Cubase.

===

Just checked 1.10.0 but actually had an authorization issue on first launch after the update. Normally the process is seamless for me, but it wasn't recognising the code right or something. In the end generating a manual link from the plugin worked.

As for drag and drop, it works in Cubase 11 Windows 10 but behaviour has changed. Previously when dragging and dropping you would have to land it in Channel 1 in Cubase. If the part was Part 5, it would then automatically place it on Part 5, which was always unintuitive (and also sometimes mess up one of the track names, replacing it with SysEx). This release seems to have fixed that - it now just lands wherever you put it, as expected.

However, not all is rosy for me. Browsing and loading a sample within Cubase is now crushingly slow, around 4 seconds where it was essentially instant before. On further investigation, this only appears to be the case when using a VST2 version of the plugin that was pre-existing in a project, or enabling a disabled plugin in my template (I also updated the Data on installing btw). New instances or standalone work normally.

I'm going to contact Spectrasonics tech support now.

==

I've also sent them a little illustrator video - https://www.dropbox.com/s/eh9mrp9xetqnh ... e.mp4?dl=0