There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Modartt / software version 7.4 adds Felt presets to all pianos

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Modartt / software version 7.4 adds Felt presets to all pianos

Post by Piet De Ridder »

The latest version of the Pianoteq software adds Felt presets to all the contemporary acoustic pianos.

_

Thomas Mavian

Re: Modartt / software version 7.4 adds Felt presets to all pianos

Post by Thomas Mavian »

Ooohhh, that sounds nothing but beautiful!

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

And I must add, Piet, your demos (writing, arranging, mixing) for the different pianos are nothing short of amazing!

It's funny, this board, in the sense that the recommendations/information I read/get here I usually check out while "recommendations" on other boards seem to be more "fan based".

In short, just bought Pianoteq 7...

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Thanks, Thomas!
Those demo's of mine are both a cause of pride and embarrassment, I must confess. I'm quite pleased with the musical ideas in nearly all of them, but I also always want to redo almost all of them from scratch, because I fairly sure that, with a bit more time and concentration, I can make them all much better now, soundwise. Especially these last few months, I think I've raised my mixing and producing game considerably (and I also bought some new hard- and software which is really making a difference), so everything I've done before that, simply begs to be remade. But then something else comes along that has me occupied, and those remakes get postponed ...

Thanks again and enjoy Pianoteq!

_

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

Ha! Yes I know exactly what you mean, there is no end to the "want" of perfection. Have a few want-to-redos myself :)

But, let me assure you that nothing you do to these mixes will (for me) make it "better".

It's like with the re-makes of movies, I still need to find a remake of a movie I've already seen that is better than the original. The first one is the one you connect with.

So if you were to redo these pieces, for me it wouldn't necessary be better, just different. And in most cases I think I'd prefer the original versions.

And yes, I'd really like them to be available on for example Tidal... Let me know if you want help distributing them.

tack

Post by tack »

I'm really impressed with the Steinway B Felt preset. At least as good as any of the sampled felts I've heard.
- Jason