There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Native Instruments / Orchestral Tools Sequis

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Native Instruments / Orchestral Tools Sequis

Post by Guy Rowland »

I've shut the studio down for the day so haven't properly checked this out, but it looks promising, and not quite like anything else.

SEQUIS combines a deep library of meticulously recorded samples with an intuitive sequencing engine, uniting rhythm and melody to infuse your productions with a richly organic, pulsing momentum. Whether you're scoring otherworldly sci-fi films or crafting deep, dark, dancefloor moments, SEQUIS gives you total freedom to explore new sonic pastures.

SEQUIS delivers an artfully compiled ensemble of acoustic samples that includes guitars, classical strings, flutes, percussion, and even human voices. The instruments were all recorded using a variety of imaginative playing styles to create an inspiring medley of articulations — trills, ghost notes, flutters, ricochets, and echoes that are woven together with the in-built step sequencer to form new musical constellations.

SEQUIS is designed to make creativity happen fast, with over 200 tweakable presets that range from delicately emotive to ominously intense. Browsing the collection of sampled instruments is quick and easy, with all recordings carefully selected and captured to give you radio-ready sounds, right out of the box.

SEQUIS comes with a broad variety of editing controls under the hood that let you dial in swing, activate triplet patterns, and add accents to specific notes. Sounds can be individually moulded with pro-level reverb, filter, and delay effects while the sequenced patterns can be looped and reversed, giving you a lush playground of evolving, syncopated loops and multilayered oneshots.
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... tic/sequis

£179, intro price £129 - there's a further discount if bought with Arkhis.

ok_tan

Re: Native Instruments / Orchestral Tools Sequis

Post by ok_tan »

there is not ONE demo song that made me say: wow. while i found arkhis to sound nice, and well produced ... sequis leaves me a bit clueless. not sequis' fault, i am simply not the target group for this product.
thx! theo

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: Native Instruments / Orchestral Tools Sequis

Post by Guy Rowland »

I've listened properly today and it's officially on the wish list. I think the percussive stuff will be the most useful, looks great to generate organic-sounding rhythms. It's not amazing enough to make me get it right now and then potentially get it again on the next K update, but it will be an inducement further down the road.