There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark 5: Orchestra Of Functions

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark 5: Orchestra Of Functions

Post by Guy Rowland »

ORCHESTRA OF FUNCTIONS
This final chapter is a truly grand finale: Metropolis Ark 5 completes the Metropolis Ark orchestral series, adding powerful tools for delivering intense, dramatic moments fast. This unique orchestra is a detailed toolkit for any kind of cinematic trailers and powerful music: Construct epic, Wagnerian themes, build tension with swells and sustains, and add thrills with dramatic stabs, rips, and glissandos. Detail and realism combine with an epic musical vision to give you an arsenal of inspiration for trailers, scores, underscoring, and grand musical statements.

Multiple string section and ensemble sizes
Orchestrated brass and woodwind sections
Multi-vowel legato choir samples for quickly producing lyrical phrases
Analog synths, with multiple articulations and overdriven amp patches
Full array of stabs, glissandos, crescendos, swells, and rips
Hyper-realistic playable runs
Shepard tones for orchestra and choir
Recorded on the Teldex Scoring Stage in Berlin
Balanced sound that complements all Metropolis Ark series collections

Works with Orchestral Tools’ SINE Player—NOTE: Very latest version required!
182 GB of samples (80 GB SINEarc compressed)

Intro offer:
249,00 €
Ends January 4, 2022
Regular price 449,00 €
Orchestra of Functions?! What a bizarre name....

Cheeky video highlight - 14.23 "there's not very much else to sa" [cuts off mid-word]

FriFlo

Re: Orchestral Tools Metropolis Ark 5: Orchestra Of Functions

Post by FriFlo »

Yeah, the name is somewhat dry ... but I actually prefer having a collection of really useful patches for orchestral mockups with a dry name over some esoteric collection of sounds with very fancy names. ;) Besides the dry name I think OT has done very "well" in catching up with the bullshit-marketing of their biggest competitor, haven't they? :P Well, this kind of stuff seems inevitable in this era of superficiality ...

Anyway, if you already got the other collections, register them for Sine and buy the full bundle, the price gets still lower than the intro price of the individual volume. It gets so low, that it is impossible for me to say no to this nice collections of very usable patches.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

FriFlo wrote: Dec 22, 2021 1:58 pmAnyway, if you already got the other collections, register them for Sine and buy the full bundle, the price gets still lower than the intro price of the individual volume. It gets so low, that it is impossible for me to say no to this nice collections of very usable patches.
Give us a review when you've played around FriFlo. I was listening to some of the individual instrument demos and they do sound good.

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

I do wish that someone would instruct the narrator how to pronounce music terms and composer names. I admit he's gotten a little bit better over the years, but I cringed when he pronounced "Wagner" like a tail that wags.

The library itself looks very good, though.

Best,

Geoff

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I'm wavering over buying a couple of the juiciest instruments from Ark 5 in the store rather than get gigatons of stuff I don't really need. This 25 euro voucher (valid on anything not on sale, and the individual instruments are not on sale as far as I know) might just tip me over the edge:

Code: OT-holidays-2021

Valid til Jan 8.

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

I am a demo maker for OT so work that into the equation when judging my synopsis.
First the library plays as what you would hope for when listening to the videos. Sometimes you get a library and go how come it sounds better on YT, what's the trick? That is not the case here, it is as it seems and it is quite inspirational. Felt often I am playing an orchestra instead of just a patch, that is pretty transcendent. I wanted to noodle on patches for hours but decided to move on just to get through the library. If I had any complaints they are very minor but here they are...there are no really loud sustain patches for brass and winds. You could create them from the legato patches (playing notes one at a time) but just playing chords looking for FF is not available (well there is a horns and cello sustain patch that goes to FF). That is not really a problem for me but if you want everything in one concise package then you may miss that. It is Ark 5 so if you have say Ark 1 you are covered quite nicely. Lots of cool runs and tricks, pre-recorded phrases but a single dynamic.

If you are judging it on "what" is there it's pretty darn cool.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

The library is awesome. It is really fun to play though those patches and all the time I kept thinking how useful these patches can be for all kinds of different orchestral music.