There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Moonlander computer keyboard

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
kpc

Moonlander computer keyboard

Post by kpc »

Hey Gang.

Anyone using one of these fancy keyboards? https://www.zsa.io/moonlander

I’m not sure about the separate halves, but the multiple pressure points/press and hold and “tap dance” features seem made for daw work.

I also appreciate this company being small and custom made.

Thoughts?
- kayle

wst3

Re: Moonlander computer keyboard

Post by wst3 »

looks like a really good idea, but at $400 I think I'll wait for the idea to mature a little bit.

Topic author
kpc

Re: Moonlander computer keyboard

Post by kpc »

Yeah, it is a big expense. I wonder how I would get along with it. And the company, being small, does have a pretty hefty return requirement - you have to send the keyboard (paying for shipping) back to Taiwan, about $90. So it isn't something to take on lightly.

I do really like this idea of layers for the keys though. You can have up to three layers. So, assigning one of the buttons as a layer switch, you could have layer 1 be a regular QWERTY keyboard, Layer 2 be keycommand layer and layer 3 be specific for a particular DAW or what ever. switch between them with the LED colors indicating which layer you are on. Kind of a neat idea.

Also the idea of holding down a key as opposed to pressing it is interring. press the s key, get a s. Press and hold it to trigger a save document command. It is a very interesting idea.
- kayle