There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Cherry Audio Polymode (Polymoog) $19

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Cherry Audio Polymode (Polymoog) $19

Post by Guy Rowland »

Larry here often tells of the sheer pain and horror of owning a real Polymoog, so to have a much better behaved virtual substitute for $19 seems rather tempting. It was released last year for $49, but is currently only sale for $19.

https://cherryaudio.com/news/polymode-o ... rsary-sale
Cherry Audio's Polymode Synthesizer burst onto the scene a year ago, and to celebrate we're offering the Polymode Synthesizer for only $19 during the month of February!

Polymode is inspired by the groundbreaking Moog Polymoog, one of the world’s first polyphonic synthesizers. Its unique multiple parallel filter and mod routings gave it a sound like no other synth. Cherry Audio's Polymode captures all the charm of the original, while massively simplifying its user interface, tremendously expanding its sound and modulation capabilities, and leaving the original instrument’s reliability issues far in the past!

To celebrate the one year anniversary of its release, Cherry Audio is offering our Polymode Synthesizer for only $19, 60% off $49 MSRP!

Polymode is available directly from the Cherry Audio store and through authorized Cherry Audio resellers worldwide. The Polymode One Year Anniversary Sale ends February 28, 2022.
I was also looking at their Roland Jupiter 4 synth, Mercury 4. The Jupiter 4 was the forerunner to the Jupiter 8 and had a different feel. Very associated with synth bands between around 1979-1981, including my beloved Simple Minds in the pre-stadium days. That's currently $39, down from $59.

https://cherryaudio.com/products/mercury-4

wst3

Re: Cherry Audio Polymode (Polymoog) $19

Post by wst3 »

I think I paid $29, it was the second Cherry Audio plugin I bought - I now own them all. I can't believe these plugins are priced so reasonably. The CA2600 was my first splurge, then the PS-20, and then pretty much all the rest, and new ones as they were released. So far they've done well with everything!

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

I have and love the Cherry Audio Memorymode, and just used it extensively on a project. Does this bring much to the table that I don’t have with the Memorymode, Arturia Moog Modular, Repro 1 and 5?
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

My OBX-a was WAY thicker and more analogue-rich than my PolyMoog.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

I have no history with the Memorymoog whatsoever, only read about it. I got it now for $19 and it's a different beast isn't it? I really like the architecture of the signal path and the mixer "sends" from the various places in the chain makes editing it really fun.

The most fun I've had for $19 methinks...

Oh, and it's quite easy to patch in all those "old" Tangerine Dream, Jarre and whatnot soundalike-sounds.

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Thomas Mavian wrote: Feb 07, 2022 2:56 am I have no history with the Memorymoog whatsoever, only read about it. I got it now for $19 and it's a different beast isn't it? I really like the architecture of the signal path and the mixer "sends" from the various places in the chain makes editing it really fun.

The most fun I've had for $19 methinks...

Oh, and it's quite easy to patch in all those "old" Tangerine Dream, Jarre and whatnot soundalike-sounds.
When I was in the studio with Jeremy Lubbock and Julio Iglesias, he told me that he loved it but that you had to own two, because one would always be in the shop :)
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

The Moog factory was in Williamsville, NY, near Buffalo. That was a long drive from my home base of Binghamton. I was there at least four times, and they replaced practically every part in my PolyMoog, bless them. Still didn’t work.

Buying two was never an option even if it had been efficacious. The $3200 I spent on that beast was all the money in the world for me. The next polyphonic synth I owned, the Oberheim OBX-a, was also in the shop a few times but was a much more solid instrument in general.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Lawrence wrote: Feb 07, 2022 2:41 pm The Moog factory was in Williamsville, NY, near Buffalo. That was a long drive from my home base of Binghamton. I was there at least four times, and they replaced practically every part in my PolyMoog, bless them. Still didn’t work.

Buying two was never an option even if it had been efficacious. The $3200 I spent on that beast was all the money in the world for me. The next polyphonic synth I owned, the Oberheim OBX-a, was also in the shop a few times but was a much more solid instrument in general.
I think the Memorymoog was even more, $5-6k.

www.jayasher.com