There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Elicenser Discontinued Jan 1 2022

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: Elicenser Discontinued Jan 1 2022

Post by Guy Rowland »

Might be worth dropping VSL a support ticket or raising it on the forums, schezo - that does sound tedious.

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

Indeed strange, for me it halts for a second when connecting for the first instance, then it simply loads as if it was local/iLok.

lofi

Post by lofi »

Since ilok cloud has been such a joy to work with I decided to go all in and create my own “cloud”.
A dongle server and I connect my computers to that.

My first was a raspberry pi with custom software and my second is this,
https://www.seh-technology.com/products ... erver.html

Been using this with usbs, elicensers and iloks for a couple of months and never had a glitch.

The future is here :)

/A

scherzo

Post by scherzo »

Huh, cool approach. 🙂

Reading the responses here I figured my initial experience was atypical, so I decided to put my licenses back into the cloud and give it another whirl. Because, you know, the definition of smart and tech-savvy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Well, so far it's worked quite well. It is a tiny bit slower than with the USB key, especially that first instance of the player, but nowhere near as bad as during my first try. Definitely within the reasonable range. I can deal with it. Not sure why - it's not like I've actually changed anything from before. Bad server day maybe.

I love it when tech trouble magically solves itself for no clear reason. So... cloud it is then. For now at least.