There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Audio Imperia / Fluid Brass (Cinematic Short Articulations)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Audio Imperia / Fluid Brass (Cinematic Short Articulations)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Audio Imperia and Performance Samples have joined forces to produce Fluid Brass, a library of "cinematic brass shorts".

"With Fluid Brass, the coalescence of Audio Imperia and Performance Samples’ collaborative efforts takes yet another step towards creating better tools for composers and producers worldwide.

Fluid Brass brings together the repetition sampling concepts of the Fluid Shorts line by Performance Samples in a dedicated tool that is built into Audio Imperia's powerful Pyramid engine for fluent and rapid repeated patterns on brass. With 2 players per section (except for 1 Tuba player), the library can be used for both lead lines and chordal work, and its expanded range of 6 dynamics, 6 repetition speeds, and up to 10 round robins (triggered via simply playing faster) closes the technical gaps to create a seamless performance.

All samples within Fluid Brass are sourced from real repetition performances, for enhancing the cohesive energy of your lines. We’ve also recorded the samples at different speeds (six in total), with the faster speeds automatically triggered based on your playing speed, to accommodate faster phrases – leading to more fluent and realistic performances because you are triggering samples that are actually pulled from faster performances."

PRICING: $79 INTRO PRICING ($99 regular): The intro pricing offer goes through June 19th.

- 2x Trumpets, 2 Horns, 2x Tenor Trombones, 2x Bass Trombones, 1x Tuba.
- 5 mic positions: Close, Section, A/B, Wide, Ambient.
- 6 dynamic layers and up to 10 round robins.
- Faster speeds automatically triggered based on your playing speed.
- Approximately 26 GB installed (NCW format).
- Made for the free Kontakt Player.

__

trumpoz

Re: Audio Imperia / Fluid Brass (Cinematic Short Articulations)

Post by trumpoz »

I like the sound of these - would love to have heard more of softer dynamics.

Did anyone else start singing Chim Chim Cher-ee during Tech Demo 2? (It is a contrafact)
Richard Linton

I'm just a guy who plays and writes music.

I suffer from G.A.S. - Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

The Saxer

Post by The Saxer »

trumpoz wrote: May 21, 2022 12:28 am Did anyone else start singing Chim Chim Cher-ee during Tech Demo 2? (It is a contrafact)
Yepp!

One trick pony for sure but a nice one. Though one has to have corresponding brass libraries available that match the sound and room to connect the repetitions to longer notes and phrases. Otherwise it's like Scrabble without consonants.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

What is the corresponding longs library recorded in the same room?

doctoremmet

Post by doctoremmet »

I guess Caspian and the upcoming Pacific Brass

Just checked Jasper Blunk’s FB page:
440AEB52-4B06-443E-9B11-BB8AA7825C95.jpeg

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Fluid brass is two instruments per section. Caspian is 4, I think. Angry brass is solo or 4 players. It seems like there is no match regarding the player size.