There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Izotope everything bundle for 199$

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Linos

Izotope everything bundle for 199$

Post by Linos »

It looks like Izotope botched an upgrade sale, so that anybody can buy a loyalty bundle, no matter if they own the qualifying product or not.

https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/paid-lo ... als-2.html?

I don't know what happens if you buy the bundle without owning the necessary product. If you are interested, it's probably best to contact Izotope beforehand and asking.

soundbylaura

Re: Izotope everything bundle for 199$

Post by soundbylaura »

I just bought it. I did not own a qualifying product as they were shown in the actual shopping cart, though I did/do own quite a few other products. I have successfully downloaded and installed RX9 Advanced, Ozone 9 Advanced, and the brand new Neutron 4, so far.

It's available for less at JRRShop with coupon code GROUP but I bought it directly from iZotope. I received an email with multiple serials in it.

(Edit to add)

When you put it in the cart at iZotope it says this: "iZotope Everything Bundle: Upgrade from any previous version of Post Production Suite or iZotope Everything Bundle or RX 9 Advanced". I do/did not own any of those 3 specific products, though I do own quite a few individual products (RX8 Advanced, Ozone 8 Standard, Insight 2, Dialog Match, and more). But I didn't buy any of those as a bundle.

My "personal upgrade offer" was $299 but yeah, I did not buy that one. I even checked my credit card online and yep, $199. Holy moly.
Be an upstander.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

That’s an incredible deal - I didn’t realise the upgrade was so broad. And it also has two more updates to products coming later in the year.

It’s a much more marginal deal for me given what I already have so I’ll hold off.

Only three weeks ago Neutron 4 upgrade on its own was $149…

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

It's amazing. It includes Neoverb and Nectar 3 Plus too, fwiw. And RX Loudness Control, which I did not already have.

I might even try to sell my duplicate serials: Trash 2, Iris 2, Melodyne Essential. I'm not sure I'll ever need BreakTweaker or StutterEdit so maybe I can make a few bucks back with those. Not sure I'm going to install the Exponential Audio 3D reverbs either, and those are a separate serial too.

And in fact the bundle at the above link appears to include MORE than my "loyalty" bundle that's $299 that I access through my account page: bx_delay 2500, bx_cleansweep Pro, bx_boom!, bx_refinement, bx_subsynth, bx_saturator V2. Sadly I already have two of those, and I don't even know what the others do. But it's a separate serial too, so.....
Be an upstander.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

UPDATE: iZotope has realized their mistake and are now checking availability. Saturday 8:30pm Eastern time.
Be an upstander.

Topic author
Linos

Post by Linos »

So then it wasn't intentional. I hope they don't revoke your deal Laura.

I added the bundle to my shopping cart yesterday. It's still there today. Not sure I want to buy though. I don't use Ozone 8 as often as I thought I would. Melodyne Essentials could be handy. Not sure about Neutron 4. All the rest, I don't really need.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Wow, that is a colossal slip up by them. We can be blase to deals from companies like iZotope, but having RX Advanced for $199 - never mind anything else - is / was off the scale.

I'd have thought once you are registered there's nothing iZotope could do to revoke, esp if its a permanent iLok license.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

I really hope they don't try!! For once my incurable GAS served me well.

I'm pleased to say my buddy who alerted me about the sale but put off buying was able to grab it even after iZotope fixed the problem, because he'd already put it in his cart.
Be an upstander.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

soundbylaura wrote: Jun 19, 2022 9:02 am I really hope they don't try!! For once my incurable GAS served me well.

I'm pleased to say my buddy who alerted me about the sale but put off buying was able to grab it even after iZotope fixed the problem, because he'd already put it in his cart.
It's a funny old situation. 3rd party resellers sell codes - so it must be codes that have to match your existing registered products, not that you need to be logged in to their site buy it.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Guy Rowland wrote: Jun 19, 2022 9:21 am
soundbylaura wrote: Jun 19, 2022 9:02 am I really hope they don't try!! For once my incurable GAS served me well.

It's a funny old situation. 3rd party resellers sell codes - so it must be codes that have to match your existing registered products, not that you need to be logged in to their site buy it.
I'm not sure what you mean. Both my friend and I bought it from iZotope's website and we were each logged in. I'd also messaged Eric at JRRShop to see if he'd be able to sell the bundle like that, and (hours after I'd bought) he said he was glad I'd gone ahead and gotten it because he wouldn't have been able to.
Be an upstander.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

soundbylaura wrote: Jun 19, 2022 12:15 pmI'm not sure what you mean. Both my friend and I bought it from iZotope's website and we were each logged in. I'd also messaged Eric at JRRShop to see if he'd be able to sell the bundle like that, and (hours after I'd bought) he said he was glad I'd gone ahead and gotten it because he wouldn't have been able to.
Maybe it works different to how I remembered - I thought anyone could buy a code, but it could only be redeemed if the right existing products were in your account, valid for the upgrade.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

When they "fixed" the mistake, the "Buy" button changed to a "Check Eligibility" button, and you had to be logged in to find out if you were eligible.

When I bought it, there was no eligibility check and they just emailed me a bunch of codes. Previously when I've bought an iZotope product from JRRShop, the serial was emailed from JRR. Maybe on a 3rd party sites, Izotope makes them prove the buyer's eligibility before they will give the codes to the seller.
Be an upstander.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

soundbylaura wrote: Jun 19, 2022 8:07 pm When they "fixed" the mistake, the "Buy" button changed to a "Check Eligibility" button, and you had to be logged in to find out if you were eligible.

When I bought it, there was no eligibility check and they just emailed me a bunch of codes. Previously when I've bought an iZotope product from JRRShop, the serial was emailed from JRR. Maybe on a 3rd party sites, Izotope makes them prove the buyer's eligibility before they will give the codes to the seller.
Huh, one learns something new every day. In that case, every third party sale on any upgrade product has to get the user’s details first before they could sell, which I can’t remember every happening to me so maybe they changed how it works - seems a very cumbersome way of doing things, but there we go!

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

My friends and I have been debating whether or not it was really a mistake by iZotope, or a sale dressed up as a mistake instead.
Be an upstander.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I’ll bet sales are generally under pressure at the moment, so that seems to be a real possibility.

Izotope has always seemed like a company whose philosophy has been “get a product into their hands and they’ll be on an upgrade cycle.” It’s worked on me a few times.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Regardless of the reasoning behind the sale, it was a good deal, and I was pleased to accept, especially since I did need to upgrade some of the products due to purchasing a new computer. Much speculation surrounds the so-called error, but my feeling is they probably knew what they were doing.
Frank E. Lancaster

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

To bad, the offer seems to have gone. The initial link posted by Linos points me to a an offer about the "everything bundles", however, when I click the icon I get redirected to an offer for $499 for the Music Production Suite 5. Bummer! Upgrading to everything for $199 would have been a no-brainer, but unfortunately, Izotope seems to have noticed the mistake and replaced it with other errors ...

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Good grief…. And this just received from Izotope: “And, best of all, as an owner of the iZotope Everything Bundle you’ll automatically get both of these powerful updates as soon as they’re available and at no extra cost. Keep an eye on your inbox for more updates”. So, what a bargain my purchase during the sale (intended or not) has turned out to be!
Frank E. Lancaster

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

I have not received this email yet. I'd better.
Be an upstander.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Yes, they didn't say what the two products were to be, I decided to skip it. I'm still on the fence to be honest, even if they reintroduce the $199 - so far it looks like RX10 just has a new Assistant mode and that's about it. I find I never use Ozone because it's incompatible with Waves, so all my mastering chores are done elsewhere.

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Personally, I'm quite happy that Ozone and RX are the two products that will be updated for free, especially since I use Ozone frequently. For me, anyway, this is definitely a nice bonus to an already great deal. And it may be awhile before the $199 deal on the Everything bundle is offered again...if ever.
Frank E. Lancaster

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Frank-pre your new computer, did you find that Ozone was very heavy on your CPU?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Lawrence wrote: Aug 25, 2022 2:22 pm Frank-pre your new computer, did you find that Ozone was very heavy on your CPU?
Actually, no, Larry. I had a 2014 Mac Pro with 32 GB of RAM and quite often I'd just use Ozone in the final mastering stage of a project. But having said that, it also does not mean that sometimes I wouldn't use a number of Ozone plugins, including Ozone, in the body of a project. Maybe it's just the way I work...I "Render in Place" in Cubase fairly often as I build a project. But nevertheless I didn't ever really have the problem you mentioned. In general, I also used the 'current' version of the plugin at the time with the current version of a Mac operating system.
Frank E. Lancaster

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Thanks. My Ozone is older (maybe 7 or 8) and I only use a few plug ins from it these days, like the stereo widener, my limited version of RX and a few others. I’ll have to check the full mastering presets on my newer iMac-it used to eat my old MacPro for a snack!

L.J. Nachsin

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

FYI - for me this upgrade was $499 (I own the current version of Post Production Suite). I got an email yesterday offering to upgrade to the Everything iZotope Bundle for $299, and this is what will be new for the bundle:

RX 10 Advanced repair suite ($1,199 value)
Ozone 10 Advanced mastering suite ($499 value)
Redesigned Symphony 3D reverb by Exponential Audio with Apple silicon support ($599 value)
Redesigned Stratus 3D reverb by Exponential Audio with Apple silicon support ($499 value)

That’s an easy pass at the moment. If RX and Ozone have significant unannounced new features I may reconsider depending on what those features are. For my situation at the moment however, I see no reason to upgrade at all.