There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Strymon BigSky Reverb Plugin

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Muziksculp

Strymon BigSky Reverb Plugin

Post by Muziksculp »

wst3

Re: Strymon BigSky Reverb Plugin

Post by wst3 »

Another of my favorite pedal designers, and another pedal for which I can not justify the purchase (sob). I can't really justify the plugin purchase either.

Strymon makes amazing pedals! There is not a dud in their lineup. Big Sky is probably the best reverb pedal I've tried. But after contemplating the MoogerFooger bundle I am back in my no new stuff mode.

Topic author
Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

I'm a big fan of the Strymon BigSky FX Pedal, I also love their Night Sky Pedal.

The Plugin version of the BigSky sounds wonderful, and is easier to use than using the Pedal, plus you can use multiple instances of it in your DAW.

I initially had the same reaction regarding the price of the BigSky plugin, but after a little bit of re-evaluating how handy, and useful it will be to have it in the box. I decided to get it.

Oh, and just for some fun. Here is my Prophet 6 Synth singing some Chorale Music with the help of the Strymon BigSky FX HW-Pedal set on the Chorale mode.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

wst3

Post by wst3 »

That is a lovely sound! Perhaps I will start to work on a justification myself??? Not sure if I'd prefer the hardware or the software!

tack

Post by tack »

It definitely does things none of my current reverbs do. I do like the sound. At $275 CAD I simply can't justify the price though, so I'll hold out for a sale.
- Jason

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Maybe have a listen to Joey Sturgis' Sky Box which is obviously inspired by the Strymon BigSky. Or better still, try the demo (fully functional for 14 days). As it happens, the JST Sky Box currently sells for $19.00 (the normal price is $29.00).

_

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Never heard of Joey Sturgis, but I am now a fan. I'll take the demo for a spin, but at $19, or even $29, I will likely purchase. I doubt it does anything I could not do with my current (ridiculous) collection, but it is probably easier and quicker. We'll see.

doctoremmet

Post by doctoremmet »

4A2FFDE0-D6ED-4E26-B590-E7EC460D065C.jpeg
For those interested in Sky Box, mentioned by Piet. It is on sale and you can apply an additional 35% discount.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

oops - pulled the trigger a little too soon! Not a big deal!!