There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

U-he Zebra Legacy - all the Zebras for €99

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

U-he Zebra Legacy - all the Zebras for €99

Post by Guy Rowland »

Well this is quite the bargain:
What is Zebra Legacy?

Zebra Legacy is Zebra2 with all our Zebra soundsets for free (including The Dark Zebra), all at the extraordinarily generous price of 99€. This allows us to continue maintaining Zebra2 for many years to come while we focus on Zebra3 development… and beyond.

When will it drop?

Zebra Legacy will be available from our web store on November 15th, replacing all the individual products.

Is it free for me?

Most likely! There are 3 scenarios:

1) If you already own a license for Zebra2 and The Dark Zebra…

Congratulations! Simply download Zebra Legacy from our website and install it. You will also receive a free license for Zebra3 as soon as it becomes available.

2) If you already own a license for Zebra2 but not for The Dark Zebra…

Congratulations! Simply download Zebra Legacy from our website and install it. You can also upgrade to Zebra3 for only €30 as soon as it becomes available.

3) I don’t own Zebra2 yet – what are my options?

You can either wait until November 15th and buy Zebra Legacy outright for €99, or buy Zebra2 now, get all soundsets for free on or after that date – and also maintain an upgrade path to Zebra3. So to make the best of your upgrade options towards Zebra3 we recommend buying Zebra2 before November 15th.

NOTE:

As Zebra Legacy is such an incredible bargain, we will not be offering an upgrade path to Zebra3 for licenses purchased on or after November 15th!
So is Zebra3 on the horizon?

Although we have made great progress recently, please understand that we cannot quote an ETA for Zebra3 yet!
I've always known Zebra's stellar reputation, but never fully bonded with the demo and have so many other synths I know my way around that I've resisted. I think that period of my life has come to an end.

bryla

Re: U-he Zebra Legacy - all the Zebras for €99

Post by bryla »

I got my copy of Zebra + HZ as part of an incredible NI bundle. Never played that much with those two but got it for the effects and Diva. Just a simple playthrough of some of the soundsets is really astonishing! Really looking forward to Zebra 3 now :)
Thomas Bryla

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I picked up the legacy version this morning. A quick trip through the presets suggests that I need to do more than a quick trip!

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Seems like quite the good deal. Do I remember that Zebra is quite taxing on the CPU
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I like those performance pads...

Most patches have a Control A description - I'll have to delve into the manual at some point, but any easy heads-up there?

I've found on HZ at least that sometimes the Synth / Perform / Browser words vanish. Pressing back resets the patch and the letters then re-appear - is this is known issue?

Markus K

Post by Markus K »

Control A means CC2 by default. So I've been told by someone at vi control. Couldn't find any info in the manual about that and how to change it.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I've had a little chance to play with the Zebras now. I've set up Quick Controls in Cubase to control CC1, CC2 (cntl A) and CC3 is mapped via Midi Transformer to Aftertouch. My keyboard does actually have aftertouch but I hate it.

I'm starting to get the hang of the structure of it, mod assignments etc, but it's all baby steps. I still don't feel that love so many have, but I do like it okay. I think I'd describe the sound as "good for digital" (I'm such an analogue-head). I dunno, I have a feeling Pigments might just be a little more fun?

Arbee

Post by Arbee »

If you still cherish those old analogue days of moogs, prophets and oberheims then I can understand why Zebra might leave you a little cold. While I'm the right vintage and background, for some reason I'm not at all nostalgic about synth history. Apart from my Omnisphere swiss army knife, Zebra and Serum are the only two synths I couldn't live without. So capable, sonically elegant yet in-your-face and flexible. The extra soundbanks in this deal were brilliant value for my needs.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Arbee wrote: Nov 19, 2022 6:25 am If you still cherish those old analogue days of moogs, prophets and oberheims then I can understand why Zebra might leave you a little cold.
It's why I haven't bought it until now. I can't stand Massive X for example. Pigments is a good halfway house for me, but Zebra at least it not as harsh and cold as most.

I know you get out of a synth what you put in. The reason why Hans uses it for everything is because he knows it inside out. Early next year I might have a bit more time to play around. Life has been ultra-crazy these past few months.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I bought it as well and just wanted to connect hardware sliders to CCs but it directs me to the XY axis. I’m trying not to RTFM but I’m stuck 😉
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Lawrence wrote: Nov 19, 2022 1:34 pm I bought it as well and just wanted to connect hardware sliders to CCs but it directs me to the XY axis. I’m trying not to RTFM but I’m stuck 😉
Do you mean you have hardware CCs you’re trying to get mapped to other parameters in Zebra? Is this via Cubase?

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Yes!

L.J. Nachsin

Arbee

Post by Arbee »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 19, 2022 10:58 am Pigments is a good halfway house for me, but Zebra at least it not as harsh and cold as most.

I know you get out of a synth what you put in. The reason why Hans uses it for everything is because he knows it inside out. Early next year I might have a bit more time to play around. Life has been ultra-crazy these past few months.
In case it helps at all, I originally thought kind of "meh" after hearing some of Zebra's stock patches. It was this soundbank that pushed me over the line and really started my love affair with it https://www.aiynzahev-sounds.com/collec ... for-zebra2