There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Native Instruments voucher and new free instrument

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Native Instruments voucher and new free instrument

Post by Guy Rowland »

Hypha is a Kontakt 7 Play series instrument of Electro Acoustic hybrids, which is free until Jan 16. (Note - they've said that there's a wait of up to 24 hours for it to appear in your account due to heavy demand). It works in Kontakt 7 Player, so no need to own the full version of the latest iteration.

There's also a $25/£22 voucher to be used in the same timeframe. I've read that this DOES work on sale prices, which isn't usually the case. If so, that means that, say, UK users could get iZotope Neoverb for £3, US users for free. Anyone feel free to try and and tell us how you get on. I've since read that no, it doesn't work on sale products, so as usual it's actually moderately useless.

Luciano Storti

Re: Native Instruments voucher and new free instrument

Post by Luciano Storti »

Actually, the voucher did work for me very late last night in the US store, but apparently only briefly before NI realized the glitch. I did indeed get Neoverb for free, which is ironic, because even at $25 I wasn't going to buy it (lots of verbs already and this one doesn't seem all that great to me). But hey, I guess I can't resist a good deal.

As far as Hypho goes, it's not for me.
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Luciano Storti wrote: Dec 08, 2022 12:35 pm As far as Hypho goes, it's not for me.
I don't think for me either. There's some perfectly fine sounds in there, but...

The Play series feels fundamentally flawed really. However it's dressed up it's a relatively small number of synth presets, tweakable. Fine, sure, but you never think to ever use them, and unless you live by Komplete Kontrol you wouldn't ever find them either (there's no useful browser). I'd consolidate the lot into one instrument at least, where the expansions all appear in the one searchable tag browser.

I feel the same way about their drums. All those separate products - sheesh. Just make one drummer program and switch between them in situ.

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Can't blame you. Feel the same way, largely. The thing about the (uninspiring) Play series for me is like you said, synth presets, not particularly outstanding ones either. So if I can program them on my array of HW/SW synths, I don't 1. want to take up unnecessary GB on my SSDs and 2. be robbed of the fun of programming my own (decidedly) mediocre sounds :-)
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke