There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

70% off The Unfinished Nordsund bundle for Zebra

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

70% off The Unfinished Nordsund bundle for Zebra

Post by Guy Rowland »

Matt of The Unfinished is essentially best in class for synth soundsets, and here's a rare deeply discounted bundle for his Nordsund series - 1,320 patches in the Blood, Gold, Dusk and Snow soundsets. These are the dark editions, so you get both the Zebra and Dark Zebra patches included - perfect for new Legacy owners like me.

It sounds like a good range from straight-useable to Matt's Scandi take on the Atticus/Ross vibe.

The set is €39 from vst Buzz - https://vstbuzz.com/deals/70-off-zebra- ... nfinished/

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: 70% off The Unfinished Nordsund bundle for Zebra

Post by Guy Rowland »

One disappointment - none of these patches have any tags, so of course won't show up in tag searches. Tsk tsk.

musicformedia

Post by musicformedia »

And use VST10OFF for an extra 10% of :)

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

musicformedia wrote: Jan 06, 2023 8:02 am And use VST10OFF for an extra 10% of :)
I missed that!

I also missed that he doesn't use any tags, they're clearly not there in the videos (I had them on in the background on another delightful accounts day). Just didn't think of it, he's always been careful on his methodology in Omnisphere.

I always say the same thing - if I can't find a patch when searching, it may as well not be there.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Matt is truly one of the most imaginative sound designers around, and his knowledge of the synthesizers he works with is pretty much unmatched, save for the original designers. I've picked up a handful of his libraries, mostly for Omni, a couple for Zebra and one for Diva, all of which have more than enough useful content!

I've yet to see one of his libraries discounted this deeply, and for this price I can suck it up and tag them myself. Would have been better with tags, but alas...

Thanks for the heads up Guy!

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

wst3 wrote: Jan 07, 2023 12:43 pmI've yet to see one of his libraries discounted this deeply, and for this price I can suck it up and tag them myself. Would have been better with tags, but alas...
Zebra (and the other U-he synths) are actually quite good for quick tagging. In the Browser, switch to the directory tab and select one of Matt’s libraries. Then scroll down in the left hand pane to find the Tags/Categories tree. Then you can drag presets into the relevant subfolders there (and - joy - you can select multiple patches), and at least you have the basic category and subcategories done in a click. It’s quite good to go through auditioning the patches then assigning something quick before moving to the next, at least on a slow work day.

trumpoz

Post by trumpoz »

Thanks for posting this Guy - these are great.
Richard Linton

I'm just a guy who plays and writes music.

I suffer from G.A.S. - Gear Acquisition Syndrome.