There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Realitone Sunset Choir

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
lofi

Realitone Sunset Choir

Post by lofi »

@MikeGreen - you should do a “give me your cash” articulation. Perhaps you’ve already have, if so where should I send them :)

Sounds great listening through the noise that is NAMM. Got plenty of mileage out of the strings.
I’m sure this will be as useful.

Best of luck with the release!

/Anders

Guy Rowland

Re: Realitone Sunset Choir

Post by Guy Rowland »

Sounding very nice, good luck with it Mike.

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Looking forward to this, Mike. Sounds great…and I never seem to have enough choir libraries. 😄 Some very unique features in this one should also set it apart from the others.
Frank E. Lancaster

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Mike showed it to me at NAMM. Very unique and sounds really good.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Mike Greene

Post by Mike Greene »

My god, that guy is inarticulate! "This instrument is less than half percent edited" is just one of the cringey gems in there.

This has been a really ambitious project, and I've been much more nervous about this instrument than others, because I went so far overboard with the upfront recording costs. Which is risky, since unlike strings, choirs aren't as easy of a sell. (Some developers and I were joking about how you could release the worst strings library ever, but you can still count on a core group of 500 people who will buy it, no matter how bad.)

Response at the show was very encouraging, though, so I'm feeling optimistic. It's part of why I like doing NAMM, because it energizes and re-motivates me. Although ... with teardown and all the other post-NAMM stuff, I feel like taking a nap. ;)

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

half percent is good!
instrument looks really interesting.
looking forward to your rundown of NAMM on VI.

Mike Greene

Post by Mike Greene »

Scoredog wrote: Apr 18, 2023 11:19 am looking forward to your rundown of NAMM on VI.
Just posted:
https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... st-5327475

It's been fun writing about the process, although I wish I could cut to the chase and get to the "It's released!" post.

JJP

Post by JJP »

Mike Greene wrote: Apr 18, 2023 4:28 pm It's been fun writing about the process, although I wish I could cut to the chase and get to the "It's released!" post.
So "less than half percent edited" isn't code for "ready for release"? Coward!
:P ;)
I put dots and lines on paper.

Symbols of Sound - music preparation & consulting
We help you make extraordinary music.