There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Cherry Audio / Novachord + SoloVox

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Cherry Audio / Novachord + SoloVox

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Cherry Audio has released the Novachord + SoloVox combi, a virtual recreation of two pre-WWII keyboards from Hammond, both frequently used in quite a few movie scores from the 40's, 50's and 60's — mostly of the cheap, sci-fi, B-movie type — and still quite popular, to this day, among the retro/chill-out/lounge/cocktail crowd.

Intro price $39, regular price $59.

Even if you're not interested in these instruments, do watch the first video below. It's well-made.

__

doctoremmet

Re: Cherry Audio / Novachord + SoloVox

Post by doctoremmet »

Sometimes you watch a 30 minute walkthrough video and learn nothing. Sometimes a 1 minute video tells a unique history you never really knew anything about.

wst3

Re: Cherry Audio / Novachord + SoloVox

Post by wst3 »

The video is really well done, and I think very interesting. I learned a little keyboard history!!

Neither of these is on my "must buy" list, I just don't have any ideas that would benefit. If the opportunity arose I'd grab them, even at full price (which to me seems ridiculously fair.)