There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Kontakt 7 resize update

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Kontakt 7 resize update

Post by Guy Rowland »

A heads up as this rather snuck out on the quiet - Kontakt 7.4.0 has added zoom UI controls. You access them by clicking the window panes icon at the top LHS, then select the zoom level. It just scales, it doesn't do any fancy hires stuff, but might well be useful for some working at particular resolutions.

Geoff Grace

Re: Kontakt 7 resize update

Post by Geoff Grace »

This 7.4 update fails to appear in Native Access for many of us. I’ve tried both versions to no avail. They both think that 7.3.2 is the current version. I’ve filed a support ticket with Native Instruments. I hope they’ll find a solution soon, because I’d like to have a larger Kontakt.

Best,

Geoff

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Geoff Grace wrote: Jun 26, 2023 7:05 am This 7.4 update fails to appear in Native Access for many of us. I’ve tried both versions to no avail. They both think that 7.3.2 is the current version. I’ve filed a support ticket with Native Instruments. I hope they’ll find a solution soon, because I’d like to have a larger Kontakt.
Ah, I'm guessing it only appears in Native Access 2 - 'twas the same for Reaktor.

The good news is I found the transition to NA2 pretty painless - just installed the new over the old and it works.

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

Thanks for the suggestion, Guy. By "Native Access 2," are you referring to the latest version of Native Access? It's at version 3.4.0 now. Is Native Access 2 still available?

I have both Native Access 1.14.1 and Native Access 3.4.0. Neither app shows Kontakt 7.4.0 as an available update. There are Mac and Windows users who reported the same issue, but there are also many who have no problems. At this point, the cause is a mystery.

I know that Native Instruments is slow in responding to support requests, so I plan to be patient while awaiting a reply. It's not stopping me from making music, fortunately.

Best,

Geoff

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Ah okay Geoff - you’re on the latest version so clearly an NI problem as you say.

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

Edit: The information that I received from NI support (below) is wrong. The employee got back to me today to tell me that Kontakt 7.4.0 still supports macOS 10.15 after all. The reason for the missing update in Native Access is still a mystery.

I just received the following email message from NI support:
Native Instruments Support wrote:Kontakt 7.4.0 is officially not supported on Mac Os 10.15 and requires Mac Os 11 or higher.
In other words, Native Instruments changed the minimum macOS for Kontakt 7 as of 7.4.0.

Best,

Geoff

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Oh. That’ll be it then. Won’t work on my ageing MBP either.

Next year, M3. Next year.

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

Guy Rowland wrote: Jun 27, 2023 5:22 pm Oh. That’ll be it then. Won’t work on my ageing MBP either.

Next year, M3. Next year.
Please see my edit above. It turns out I was misinformed.

Best,

Geoff

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

This is a rollercoaster ride…