There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Streamtech (Maxime Luft) released Iconic Violin (Kontakt)

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
doctoremmet

Streamtech (Maxime Luft) released Iconic Violin (Kontakt)

Post by doctoremmet »

EUR 69 until July 30

https://www.streamtechmusic.com/

Piet De Ridder

Re: Streamtech (Maxime Luft) released Iconic Violin (Kontakt)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

I prefer a violin to sound fuller, rounder and warmer than this one does -- is it just me, or does this Iconic have a razor-blade-thin and often folksy timbre? -- but apart from that, this seems to be well-made.

__

Linos

Post by Linos »

It's not just you. I hear the same Piet. It reminds me of the Bohemian violin. It seems to be a sound made to cut through mixes with a lot of high frequency content without taking up too much space in the midrange.
For the music I tend to write, a solo violin should have more body. I'm also not a fan of recording a solo violin in a church. Could be a great instrument for certain genres. Folk, as you say, is probably one of them. For orchestral music or chamber music I don't think it would be a good fit.

Niah

Post by Niah »

My thoughts exactly. Just not what I am looking for. Too bad, because I really liked his french horn and solo opera singer.