There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Another day, another miracle - Accentize dxRevive

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Another day, another miracle - Accentize dxRevive

Post by Guy Rowland »

To this point, the single most incredible AI restoration tool I've heard is Adobe's Recover online tool. It makes any old crap sound a bit like it was recorded on a condenser in a soundproof booth. Can dxRevive top that?

Accentize's dxRevive does, by allowing control (much more so in the Pro version). Also being a plugin has obvious workflow advantages over online (and security).

This is a highly impressive demo from Production Expert:

And here's my own short test with the trial version (7 days). Not quite as impressive and it falls apart at the end, but nonetheless its very good stuff that will rescue all manner of horrors.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/pw5n3a5o ... xk014&dl=0

I also tried Pro's retain mode which was much cleaner and more natural, but at the expense of removing the acoustic and EQ.

https://www.accentize.com/dxrevive/

lofi

Re: Another day, another miracle - Accentize dxRevive

Post by lofi »

My experience is as yours, I've tried it on a few different sources (tv-shows).
It's a NOPE for me.
And although impressive, the Production Expert demo was, I still hear that lifelessness that most noise reduction plugins creates.
I've more or less gone back to multiband expanders and use reduction only when absolutely needed.
That is from always have a noise reduction plugin on my Dialogue-bus. To only have a few on dedicated tracks.
Still a fan on the Cedar plugins but did use the Clarity on one episode.
Never use izotope anymore.
Saying that I did run the Dialogue Isolate the other day. Took a good 9dB noise without to much artifacts.
/Anders

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Out of interest, did you try the Retain mode in the Pro version, Anders? Sounded very natural to me, but that's because it backs off all the heavy duty AI processing and as such is much like other tools.

I do think dxRevive is very useful for some things and can give really impressive results you can't do with conventional plugins. Like all these tools, sometimes it's miraculous and sometimes disappointing. I'm not yet convinced its essential yet though.

Each product seems to inch us a bit closer - and leaves RX further and further behind.

lofi

Post by lofi »

Yes I tried both modes.
Didn't do it for me.
Impressive yes. Realistic, no.
/A