There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Musio: Keyswitches released and $299 for entire 2023 catalog

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Musio: Keyswitches released and $299 for entire 2023 catalog

Post by Guy Rowland »

Here's a preview of the coming keyswitching:

Excellent implementation imo. There's some horrible bumps in the audio, but I haven't found anything like that with the player or Cinestrings Pro, so likely alpha glitches.

wst3

Re: Musio: Keyswitches

Post by wst3 »

Musio is getting tempting!

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: Musio: Keyswitches released and $299 for entire 2023 catalog

Post by Guy Rowland »

The keyswitch release is out. It's in CineStrings Pro, but not sure what else yet (edit - Industry Brass Core, CineStrings Pro, Hollywoodwinds, Voxos, Men of the North). Seems pretty slick, except that I can't seem to change the octave of the switches yet. Hopefully that's coming as it's pretty essential to my workflow. EDIT - they just said that this is popular request for a future feature.

Also they've launched Musio 1, which is "all new instruments released in 2023" (I think this means the entire current Musio catalog). RRP $399, reduced to $299 until the end of the year. You get to keep these, and also all free updates to the player in perpetuity. It seems exactly like their lifetime subscription, except you don't get the instruments ongoing after this year is out. They also say "catalog upgrades starting in 2024".

https://musio.com/?_kx=EItwj2sVJrjMkhYJ ... ry-it-free

EDIT - Cinesamples have also said the lifetime license (which I got for $499, lucky me) is now officially withdrawn from new sales, though you can still get it for $999 if you email them directly. They added that Komplete is the primary new model here, which is interesting - permanent licenses, updated in the fullness of time with Musio 2, Musio 3 etc. That does put pressure on them to keep the new content coming, but also better secures a revenue stream ongoing that the lifetime license always seemed to threaten.