There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Arturia Pigments 5 released

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Arturia Pigments 5 released

Post by Guy Rowland »

New in version 5
Reduced CPU consumption
Pigments now utilizes multi-core processing for greater CPU efficiency, allowing more users to explore this powerful softsynth with ease.

Melodize any sound in 1 click
Explore the new generative sequencer, featuring one-click sequence generation and new play modes, as well as saveable presets and sequence browsing. Make use of the sequencer lock to apply your sequence settings to any sound.

Process any audio with Pigments
You can now process external audio in Pigments from the Utility engine, by routing the sound to the instrument through the track sidechain input. Additional FX routing options have also been integrated.

Greater synthesis
Discover a selection of new wavetables and samples in Pigments 5, offering more ways than ever to craft your sound

Compose in style
Pigment’s refreshed interface includes an improved play view, with new visualisers and other UX enhancements.

New Factory Library and Expansions
Enjoy a selection of 100 new factory presets alongside 3 new preset expansions, showcasing a range of bold, colorful and expansive sounds that Pigments is renowned for.
https://www.arturia.com/products/softwa ... s/overview

€99 intro offer, free update for existing users.

GR Baumann

Re: Arturia Pigments 5 released

Post by GR Baumann »

New customers: 69 Euro instead of 199, including three explorations bundle.

....After that police letter I needed something positive... downloading. :)

I imagine that to be a very nice unique partner for Omnisphere.

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

FYI - new buyers get 3 new expansions thrown in, and existing owners can pick these up at £20 for the lot. These expansions - Beats, Expressive and Liquid Explorations - now appear on the Pigments and Analog Lab in-app stores with 20 or so presets each that you can try to see if you like them. The £20 deal seems to be only available in the web store.

(In Analog Lab there's also a new free expansion of 32 presets, Vintage Lab, full of famous yesteryear synth classics. IMO this isn't as good as their previous freebie which now seems to have disappeared. Also I just noticed all my other expansions appeared to be online only, I had to manually download them all agian. And also my "include legacy sounds" had become unchecked. After all that, I'm back to 14,388 presets to idle away a rainy day)

EDIT - I might be going mad with the naming, but I think that previous freebie is still there but it's been renamed Modern Lab. That does have absoluetly perfect recreations of Mark Ronson's Uptown Funk brass (Juno 6) and MGMT's Kids lead (Prophet 5, amazingly) and they make me smile.

My name is Nobody

Post by My name is Nobody »

Didn’t really need it, but at this price with an Arturia account ( keylab 61 mk2) it is a nice addition and somewhat differs in sound from my other synths like Diva and Avenger.

The UI is actually quite well made with all of it’s direct visual feedback. (A bit like fabfilter)

Exploring the possibilities currently, with some nice to good sounds, although there are always presets that will not fit what I need.

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

Nice update, Pigments have been my "go to" the last few months. The GUI works very nice with a multitouch 21" monitor.

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

Thomas Mavian wrote: Jan 29, 2024 3:35 am Nice update, Pigments have been my "go to" the last few months. The GUI works very nice with a multitouch 21" monitor.
Did not know that such is supported. Yesterday I was stuck for a moment, as I wanted to automate a extensively programmed Macro knob, and could not figure it out at first, then it daunted me, :wallbang: just copy the entire Macro knob assignments, and well, do whatever you want... :D