There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Kush & A-Designs / Hammer EQ

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Kush & A-Designs / Hammer EQ

Post by Piet De Ridder »

From the announcement mail:
"I don't know what's more exciting: the fact that the Hammer EQ is now a plugin, or the fact that this is the first of many from A-Designs Digital ... by Kush.
The Hammer's mythical top end sheen and gently thickened low end quickly earned it a permanent place on mix busses around the world. Me, I've always been partial to its smooth, buttery midrange, something that's difficult to find in any eq, let alone in a plugin.
Try a little bump at 50Hz, 800Hz and 10k, your mix will noticeably pop out of the speakers. That's called "Subtle Vintage Points", one of over 60 custom UBK presets that are destined to bring a lot of magic to a lot of tracks in the near future.
Hammer DSP... the first in a series of incredible plugins from an even more incredible alliance between A-Designs and Kush."

The Hammer DSP in action:

And there's a free 10-day demo available for download here: http://www.thehouseofkush.com/downloads

_

kpc

Re: Kush & A-Designs / Hammer EQ

Post by kpc »

The demo sounds pretty good. I like the Kush audio stuff. Someday I will pick this up - along with some of there other plugs.
- kayle

Raymond_Kemp

Post by Raymond_Kemp »

It took me a while to decide on spending money on this plugin because I really am getting more wary about the claims being made on everything coming out these days but............ it just does something to the mix I haven't found a way of doing with any other EQ.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

How would you describe it, Ray?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Raymond_Kemp

Post by Raymond_Kemp »

It would probably be easier to post before and after audio files. I'm busy right now but as I get a chance.
you would think that any fully adjustable EQ could match the effect this plugin gives and yet?...........maybe my ears are getting old.

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

It's very good. i just used it on a vocal.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

DrQuest

Post by DrQuest »

Raymond_Kemp wrote:It took me a while to decide on spending money on this plugin because I really am getting more wary about the claims being made on everything coming out these days but............ it just does something to the mix I haven't found a way of doing with any other EQ.
I agree. I just downloaded the demo and ran it on a mix. I used the Suble Vintage preset 1. Very noticable in a good way. Might have to get this even though I have the SPL Passeq that I use all the time. The Hammer is different.
I love the Kush stuff.