There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

50% off Symphobia libraries

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

wst3

Re: 50% off Symphobia libraries

Post by wst3 »

I am with you 100% on the demo vs refund vs resale - you have to have one of those options, in fact I will not purchase a library where I don't have at least one.

I do not agree completely that walk-throughs and specs are a replacement for actually using the library, but alas that doesn't seem to be the direction we are headed.

I am aware of your contempt for what you consider invasive copy protection, I don't deny your right to that opinion, but I do not share it. I want developers to be able to protect their investments so that they can continue to develop newer, cooler tools. If that means dongles, or the machine dialing home I am ok with that - with the caveat that they have made provisions such that I will be able to continue to use my license in the unfortunate event that they are no longer in business. That is another deal breaker for me.

Guy Rowland

Re: 50% off Symphobia libraries

Post by Guy Rowland »

Agreed, it's the combo that sucks. It's one plus of a secure dongle system that the developer has no excuse and can offer a time limited demo. That's not possible in Kontakt of course.