There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

LiquidSonics / Lustrous Plates

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

LiquidSonics / Lustrous Plates

Post by Piet De Ridder »

'Lustrous Plates recreates the beautiful tone of seven classic plates reverbs using LiquidSonics’ Temporal Acoustic Spectral Mapping (TASM) technology. Powered by Fusion-IR | Synthesis, Lustrous Plates is a rich and luxurious contemporary plate design with seven distinctive models. TASM uses a proprietary multi band dynamic capture and analysis method which allows an unprecedented frequency specific profiling of the plate’s natural decay, which is then mapped into an advanced reverb synthesis algorithm, so that it not only achieves the beautiful decay of real acoustic plates, but it also gains the benefit of having classic algorithmic reverb parameters which allow fine tuning in ways that you’ve never been able to with any other plate emulation.'

I downloaded the demo and made a quick demonstration of the LustrousPlates applied to the Galaxy VintageD, just to get a first glimpse of what these plates sound like. (Pretty good stuff, if you ask me.) The audio clip consists of several totally dry bits of Galaxy followed by the same bit run through the LiquidSonics. I recorded on three different tracks, meaning that I could work with three different Plate-settings, varying between three different models and ranging from quite long to smallroomishly short.

This is something I might buy. Talking of which: the intro price, until April 21st, is $149. After that, the price settles at $199.

__

PhJ

Re: LiquidSonics / Lustrous Plates

Post by PhJ »

Sounds good !
(not that I'm in the market for another reverb atm, I just bought SCS :) )

bryla

Post by bryla »

One of the reasons I've never regretted my Slate Everything Bundle :)
Just downloaded it today and love it!
Thomas Bryla

ComposerGuy

Post by ComposerGuy »

I’m a sucker for plates.
-Disclaimer: I have received free libraries from East West and several others. Don’t shoot me.

Erik

Post by Erik »

Thanx for doing that, Piet.
Really pleasing indeed these plates sound.
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Very smooth and natural sound.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin