There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Native Instruments Straylight

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Native Instruments Straylight

Post by Guy Rowland »

GRANULAR-BASED SOUND DESIGN

Craft unique cinematic soundscapes, transitions, and ambient tones in real-time. Built for sound designers and film, TV, and game composers, STRAYLIGHT is ideal for everything from post-apocalyptic sci-fi to gritty thrillers. It combines specialized grain and sample playback modules with carefully captured sound sources, effects, and a powerful performance-based X-Y modulation matrix, allowing inspirational dynamic performance and sound design, direct to picture.
Kontakt Player library, UK price £129.

wst3

Re: Native Instruments Straylight

Post by wst3 »

It looks very interesting - and I love that they asked Paul Haslinger to be their spokesperson for it.

DrQuest

Post by DrQuest »

Looks like Paul was on the development team as a consultant.
STRAYLIGHT was built in collaboration with Frank Elting and The most human colors, a boutique instrument and sound design agency. The instrument was also developed in consultation with composer Paul Haslinger (Underworld, Minority Report, Fear The Walking Dead, Rainbow Six: Siege).

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Sounds really great, just don’t know if I want to pay full price ($149 US) when a half price sale down the line will make it so much more attractive. It just fits well with most of the film scores I do. Hmmm...